Our family of 5 stayed at the Best Western Pentagon Hotel on Sunday, June 23rd. Our flight from Reagan National to St. Louis was cancelled due to weather and the airline recommended this hotel since it was nearby, reasonable (we had to pay), and they had a free shuttle. We waited for the free shuttle for 50 minutes. In that time we called the hotel four times - letting the phone ring for 2 minutes each time - NO ONE answered the phone. Finally, I called the Best Western national reservation line, explained the situation and asked them to call the hotel. When they called the hotel, they were put on hold immediately and after 2 minutes hung up so that they could get back on the phone with me! We finally got into a cab, paying $30 to get to the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel the phone was ringing and the front desk was still ignoring it! I explained that I called 4 times letting it ring for 2 minutes without any response and they even failed to respond to the Best Western national line. The front desk response was "I can see how that would be frustrating."
Be forewarned that this hotel is a converted motel with only walk up access to rooms not on the ground floor. We found this out when we had to lug our 5 bags (we were returning from 2 weeks overseas) up to the room.
The rest of our stay was uneventful, and on the bright side the room was recently remodeled, and they brought us a rollaway for our 5 year old. Wifi was free and had okay speeds.
We did not get to use the free breakfast as we left the hotel at 6am, and breakfast didn't start until 6:30.
Finally we did notice there was a Arlington City police car in the lot both when we checked in at 10pm and when we checked out at 6am. At 10pm the officer was in the car with it running (it seems like he may have been in the area to keep an eye on some folks hanging out in the parking lot). At 6am the officer was out walking the area and returned to his car - I was a little concerned when I noticed he was wearing body armor.
If I ever have to stay in the Reagan National area again I would NOT spend the night at the Best Western Pentagon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Pentagon-Reagan Airport is a newly renovated, full-service Arlington, Virginia hotel featuring spacious rooms and suites, a business center, Full Hot American breakfast daily, shuttle service to Ronald Reagan Airport and to Pentagon City Metro Station between 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM everyday- just minutes from Washington, DC and the Pentagon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pentagon Hotel Arlington
- Best Western Hotel Pentagon
- Arlington Best Western
- Best Western Arlington