We booked this hotel for the Sleep, Park & Fly package since we had a very early flight at Reagan National and live 2 hrs away. The price was very competitive taking into account that we were parking for 10 nights, and the hotel was very conveniently located just off Rt 395.
On arrival the front desk staff was very friendly and efficient. They invited us to the Breakfast Buffet for the next day but we would have to catch the 1st shuttle (6am) and the buffet begins at 6:30am. We arrived late in the evening, were pretty tired and looking forward to a good night sleep.
We parked outside our room and had to carry our heavy suitcases up a flight of stairs since there are no elevators. As we walked towards the room we thought we heard an airplane taking off, but realized we weren’t close enough to the airport to hear that. Once we entered the room we realized that sound was coming from some of the air conditioning units, including ours! This was an unseasonably warm night in April, and the room never got cool enough although the AC kicked on and off all night. There was a similar loud noise when the toilet was flushed in ours and neighboring rooms. Unfortunately, this all made for a very restless night with little sleep.
The room (2 Queen beds) was large and comfortable, and seemed clean although a bit dated. Free Wireless Internet was a plus.
In the morning we found that the shuttle stops at the Comfort Inn next door first. We just barely managed to squeeze onto the van, and would have had to take a cab or wait ½ hr for the next shuttle if not. On our return from our trip, we called the hotel, and the shuttle arrived within 20 minutes; the driver was friendly and efficient.
I can’t speak to the response of management - since this was such a late night/early morning for us we weren’t there long enough to ask for a quieter room. I’m not sure we’d return, even though it was a good deal and convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Pentagon-Reagan Airport is a newly renovated, full-service Arlington, Virginia hotel featuring spacious rooms and suites, a business center, Full Hot American breakfast daily, shuttle service to Ronald Reagan Airport and to Pentagon City Metro Station between 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM everyday- just minutes from Washington, DC and the Pentagon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pentagon Hotel Arlington
- Best Western Hotel Pentagon
- Arlington Best Western
- Best Western Arlington