“30 years and it still works”

Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport
Ranked #36 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I've been bringing school groups to this property for 30 years, and would strongly endorse this hotel. The rooms are large, and always clean.They are very quick to solve any issue that comes up.The location is really close to DC, and the shuttle service is always there.This is my home away from home, and everyone there has made me, and all my clients, feel very much at home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear ronHaverhillma, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport

Reviewed March 13, 2011

My husband I booked a room for one night in Feb 2011. We chose this hotel because of the free airport parking with a 1 night stay. We had an early morning flight so we drove from PA to the hotel the night before and took the very convenient free hotel shuttle to the airport a few miles away. We were going to Florida for 10 days for our daughter's wedding. We were able to leave our car at the hotel for the entire time for free.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free full breakfast was a nice surprise. I didn't notice that when I booked the room.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear djoann958, Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Bed has some fun divets. Handyman's dream: toilet, ice machines and coffee maker were all out of order. Remote didn't work well either, but that wasn't a problem since the TV only had a few channels that came in. Both rooms had ants with no response from staff. Thin walls provide for easy eavesdropping on your neighbors, but they usually just go out and yell in the parking lot at about 1 AM anyway, so you don't really need to eavesdrop. Advertised as a "hotel" but is actually a "motel". Language barriers with the staff, so even if you have a request- they don't understand what you're asking. And the shuttle service is a joke. Sure, it's free- if it comes. But if you're on a time-schedule, plan to shell out 12-15$ for cab rides. It's just easier (and safer!)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mjes2

Dear mjes2, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2011

This hotel provided a nice, spacious room that was comfortable at an excellent rate. Easy access to Washington Reagan and highways without the fuss of the more expensive hotels in Crystal City or Alexandria. Friendly staff and good breakfast selection. Next time in the DC area, we will book at the Best Western Pentagon again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
subashvohra, Front Office Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2011

Dear GLB1952,

We are delighted to hear that you've enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Pentagon.
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Please contact us directly the next time you're in the area, and we will ensure that your stay is just as pleasant if not more. Thank you again for your time!

FOM

Reviewed February 5, 2011

I found this hotel when all flights from DCA were cancelled, and I needed a room. Their booking system was overwhelmed, and crashed, but after a short wait, they got rooms for all 75 of us within about an hour and a half. I was grateful not to be sleeping in the airport.

Dear NCRFE,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. It is good to know that we were able to assist in making your stay as easy and comfortable as possible, under such severe circumstances. It is our hope to serve you the next time you're in the area, and hopefully in milder weather conditions!

FOM

Reviewed February 3, 2011

This property is the best kept secret in the Washington DC Metro area for business and leisure travelers alike. Having been raised in the area I know all too well what one needs to get in and around Washington DC; access to public transporation and The Metro subway system. The hotels's shuttle service goes to the DCA airport and Pentagon City Metro station 7 days a week!! Fabulous!!!!

Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank maywoot
subashvohra, Front Office Manager at Best Western Pentagon Hotel - Reagan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2011

Dear Maywoot,

We would like to thank you for your patronage and your positive feedback which we take very seriously. Please give me a call directly the next time that you are in the area, so that I can make sure that your stay goes as smoothly as your prior one.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel did not offer maid service due on New Years day. I payed money with a contract in mind that I would have the room cleaned. This was not done. I spoke with the Manager and she did not apologize or offer a reasonable explanation. I feel as though I am cheated as a Best Western elite member. It was a difficult experience when I paid over $400: and I did not receive the service I paid for. The manager could be more accommodating and understanding, instead she held a position that would not encourage me to return or any of my colleagues in the future. I tried to contact the area manager to this date without success. I tried to be as honest and fair as possible.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear emblemaccess, On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.