Liberty Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Liberty Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Street
Transit: On the corner of Wilson Boulevard and Irving Street in Arlington, The Liberty Tavern is easily accessible from downtown DC, Route 66, Route 395, and is across the street from the Clarendon Metro Station.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place for a group -- there were 9 of us the Saturday after Thanksgiving (we traditionally get together then and it's often hard to find a place that will let us make a reservation and that's big enough to give us a table where we can talk with each other). This place met all our requirements, along with wonderful wine and beer selections; and great food.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very bustling and noisy like most taverns, but the food is exceptional. While there is noway to discover this entree unless you know the staff, these guys have an Italian chef who really knows his home made pasta. so order pasta. Mussels are also a must. Everything on the menu is local and prepared by the chefs fresh. Wine list is passable. I have dined here at least 15-20 times so it was not a one shot deal.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

On November 7, 2012 my son and I had lunch at Liberty Tavern in Arlington, VA. As he lives in the neighborhood, he was eager for me to try the food. The food was delicious and did not disappoint, but what made our experience very unique and memorable was the service we received from Ryan, he was very attentive, without being intrusive; making sure that our food and drink was to our satisfaction. Thank you Ryan, you made our day!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My experience at The Liberty Tavern was superlative. The moderately priced food was of gourmet quality and quite delicious. I was part of a party of eight people and we tried many of the dishes that were offered on the menu. All were superb. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. We allowed him to choose a selection of cheeses for us and all were incredible. Even better, he advised us on the various wines available by the glass and poured tastings to help us to try the wines before we selected one. We had a great time and all of us cannot wait to return. My only nit is that the restaurant is very loud, especially downstairs in the bar which was very crowded. If you eat here (which I strongly recommend), I suggest that you make reservations to ensure that you eat upstairs in the dining area which is less noisy.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

There are a lot of eating establishments in Arlington, so choosing one over another is very difficult. Based on food quality, atmosphere and price, I would definitely give this place a try.