New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Are you sure this is a luxury hotel?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I came here with my sister for one night before heading to our final destination. The property touts itself as a luxury hotel, but I am confused....

We were famished and asked for room service- they rudely told my sister there were only 2 options as they were out of everything and the wait was an hour.

We thought we'd try to snack on something in the room- no mini bar and no snacks. Ok, we tried to improvise. I called the front desk to see if they had vending machines. No such luck.

In the morning there was no coffee or anything in the lobby and even as a Starwood member they didn't have a club room.

The whole experience was odd and the place just felt like an shell. The facilities themselves are nice, but if you're looking for substance. Look elsewhere.

On a positive note I found one of the front desk people to be lovely and even though he answered "no we don't have that" to every single question I asked, he was polite and clearly sorry to relay that this hotel offered nothing.

Stayed August 2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Felicity00, Thank you for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear that our staff at the front desk were polite and as helpful as possible. However I regret to learn that your overall experience was not satisfactory. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment with Room Service and several areas where we fell short. I agree that this is not acceptable in a luxury hotel. I will certainly address the issues you mentioned with our team to make sure improvements occur as soon as possible. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me and I will be glad to help.
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

A fantastic hotel with a great location and friendly helpful staff. The rooms are generous, clean and relaxing. Huuuge TV for the room I was in and nice views. Will most definitely be staying here again and I certainly cant wait.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
3 Thank beezer90
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

After looking at reviews for several other hotel options, I decided to settle on the Le Meridien in Arlington, VA. Soon after making my reservation, I was contacted by a manager from the hotel regarding some concessions I had requested for my stay. The manager, Paul P., was extremely willing and helpful and kept in contact with me via email which I thought was very impressive. Upon my arrival, the exemplary service started from valet and all the hotel staff are extremely polite and helpful. The suite I had was very clean and luxurious. I must admit this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at and will continue to be a patron of this wonderful establishment - made so by the great employees who go out of their way to ensure a great stay. Kudos.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Ronnie M
Quito
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,793 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Loved their design from outside to inside. I spent a couple of nights during my last visit to WDC, and compared to many other hotels where I have stayed before, it is way above in terms of friendliness, courtesy, large and well appointed/furnished/designed rooms, and wide and comfortable lounges at the 4th floor for either relax and/or work. Free wifi is available at lounges and lobby with excellent quality.

Amuse restaurant & bar were also well decorated and furnished offering a wide range of food and beverages for dinning and drinking. I loved their kitchen just in front of the tables that allows you to watch the chefs preparing your dishes. Their American breakfast buffet style was good enough and included in my rate.
Moving around was so easy as Rosslyn Metro Station is just 5 min walk from the property.
I definitely recommend this hotel for leisure and business.

Room Tip: "Higher floors facing the Potomac River have the greatest views"
Green Features: They run this 500 SPG points or USD 5 if you void the housekeeping service to contribute to the environment protection as linings and towels will not be washed, and cleaning materials would be saved as they do not make up your room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
12 Thank idrovoviva
Endwell, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

An absolutely wonderful hotel - great service, convenient location (less than five minute walk from the Rosslyn Metro station and 10 minutes from the edge of Georgetown). We've stayed here twice and will make this our go-to hotel for any travel in the Washington D.C. area. Rooms are large, well-organized and service is most responsive to any needs.

The in-hotel restaurant, Amuse, will meet your needs if you don't wish to dine outside the hotel, though Georgetown restaurants are just a walk away!

Room Tip: Any room will be great, though if you want the best view, ask to face the water; you will have airpl...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank amiethor
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great hotel, even without the great discount thru groupon. Very trendy/fashionable, large rooms. Hotel parking is a bit akward and pricey ($25/nt) but was great base for touring DC. Front desk service was top notch. Complementary evening wine was great. Breakfast which was included in our rate was upto $16 a la carte and covered a continental (buffet on the weekend was great for same price) Great restaurant patio, but you cannot have breakfast out there. Metro is 5-10 min walk away. Red Bus tours pick up at Marriott which is 10 min walk. All around would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room on high floor for potential views
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank ccozza
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Just one stop on the metro outside DC sits the Le Meridien which is a beautiful and well kept hotel. The staff is amazing friendly and the rooms are well appointed and up to date. The views of the Potomac are spectacular (request a room that faces the river) and if you are a runner, you can run the trails from the hotel for miles.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business