“Convenient, well priced option for DC area” 4 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
NB
“Convenient, well priced option for DC area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with the purpose to vist the DC area. Although the DC area does not have a public transit system as elaborate as, let's say NYC, it is sufficient to get to all the major areas. Case in point, this hotel is only about a block and a half away from a subway stop, which gives it access to all major areas in DC. It is also walking distance to pretty much all the major historic places in Arlington (I walked to/through the cemetery up to the pentago without much trouble...although the cemetery is huge and it does take a while to get through, it is definitely walking distance.

Pros:
The location of the hotel has a few little convenient shops (cosi, starbucks, chipotle, even a froyo place and a convenience store) very nearby. The staff was courteous and efficient. The rooms were average sized and clean and up to 4* standards (which included some room amenities). Very clean hotel. The area/neighbourhood is very business/commercial oriented so although it is pretty much dead on the weekend or evenings, it's a very safe and secure place. th eblue line metro is literally a block and a half away.

Cons:
The price might throw a few people off if you pay too much for it. I got it off hotwire and I would not pay more than $160-$170 for it. You can get it a lot cheaper (I believe I paid $115 plus tax) which makes it much more reasonable. The only other thing I don't like is the convenience inside the hotel. It's awkward to enter and you have to take two elevators (in the main entry) to get to the rooms..one elevator to get to the lobby, then another to the rooms. That knocks it down half a point for me and the other half point is the price point, which is negated if you get a good deal. So although I'm sometimes hesitant for hotels with 4 point ratings, I think this hotel is still very much a good choice.

Room Tip: higher floor room, facing DC if possible
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Project86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Last Memorial Day weekend, my husband and I were married at the Le Meridien in Arlington, Viringia. The hotel staff was amazing and helped make our wedding a wonderful event. The hotel is conveniently located in Rosslyn (Arlington) steps away from Georgetown (which is easily accessible walking across the Key Bridge), close to both Dulles and National airports, and metro accessible. The hotel offered an incredibly competitive rate for our guests and worked with us to accommodate guests who needed ADA rooms and connecting rooms. The rooms are generous size with nice finishings. The hotel itself has been recently updated and offers lots of seating areas with bar service both inside and out. There is a beautiful and large patio space off the hotel restaurant, Amuse, with great views of Georgetown and the Potomac. Finally, the hotel is dog friendly for dogs under 45 pounds. I would highly recommend this hotel not only for visitors to Washington, DC, but also for locals looking for space for a special occasion or wedding. The hotel offered us a complimentary stay for our anniversary this weekend and the service and rooms were just as we remembered: superb.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank move4mac
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for four nights in early May. We took about a $50 cab ride from DCA. Our room was ready right away and found it to be comfortable. The view wasn't amazing but we weren't in the room much so that was just fine.
There are lots of little deli type places to eat just a few steps away that saved us some money so we didn't eat when we were in DC.
The metro was an easy five minute walk. We would stay here again if we were visiting DC and wanted to save some money and stay in Arlington.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandybobandy
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear sandybobandy,

Thank you very much for choosing Le Meridien for your recent visit and for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the room was comfortable. If there is anything I can do for you in the future do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be glad to help. I will look forward to seeing you back soon.

Paul
Le Meridien Management
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We (family of three) were happy to get an upgrade to a suite for our 2-night stay. However the staff who brought in the extra bed stepped on the pillow (and did not replace it with another). Other than this mishap, we enjoyed our stay. To avoid paying for parking fees, we parked our car by a nearby street at night, taking care to vacate the parking lot by 8 am the following day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kapitanchina
united states
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

It's clean and strait forward. That's good. The front desk staff were very welcoming. The dings here are valet and the bed. No one was there to take the car at checkin... took 20-25 minutes to pick it up. Ack. And the bed had clear dips in it from what I can assume were "many" previous guests.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tons0miles
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Good Afternoon tons0miles,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad to hear our staff was very accommodating to make sure your stay was enjoyable. I will certainly communicate with our team your observations so we can address any areas that need improvement. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know. I will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Paul P-Le Meridien Management
Scituate, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here frequently when it was a Kimpton because of the strength of the loyalty program and quality of staff and room. Returning under new management. it was nice to see that both were largely still intact. Early check in no problem. Room okay - would have preferred a view, and higher floor but my room on a lower floor is what was ready at check in apparently. The room is still nice - quality linens, great mattress. There is some noticeable wear to the rooms from my last stay here about a year ago: towels feel a little thin, the reading light above one of the beds in my room was missing. HORRIBLE compact fluorescent bulb in the lamp by the bed (I actually switched it out with an incandescent bulb from another lamp in the room), and the sink drain was clogged. Now, all of these are fairly minor - I called about the drain (fixed), took care of the light myself and well, the reading light: thank goodness there are two beds in my room - I took the other bed. I'm pleased to see that the rooms have not changed much. I do miss the coffee in the morning that the Kimpton had. It's good to know this is still a viable option for us. While I prefer the Kimpton hotels in DC more for their loyalty programs and fun quirkiness, this isn't as sterile as other Starwood properties can be, but not as funky (or expensive) as the W.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
Green Features: Compact Fluorescent light bulbs are NOT environmentally friendly. The mercury used in their production is toxic.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Chris M,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you chose our beautiful hotel for a return visit. I have shared your observations with our Engineering team to make sure the reading lights in the room are up to standards. I hope you will enjoy our loyalty program as well and visit us again in the near future! If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know.

Paul P-Le Meridien Management.
Keyser, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel was very clean and a great location to the Metro, but keep in mind there is no restaurants near the hotel other then the restaurant in the hotel. We choose this hotel because of location and the continental breakfast. However, we felt very lied to about the continental breakfast, on Saturday morning when we were seated for breakfast we told the waiter that we were guessed in the hotel and gave him our vouchers for breakfast. He brought each of us a plate with a danish filled with petrified fruit and a muffin that literally turned to dust when we picked it up. When we asked the waiter, "what is this" he said that is your continental breakfast. On Friday night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was HORRIBLE. We spent $65.00 on the worse meal we have ever had. Upon checking out we told the staff about our two horrible experience in the restaurant. His response was, your right the muffins and danishes are left over items from past booked conference rooms, so there is no telling how old they are, "I wouldn't eat them either." This is a supposed high end hotel, so when you are paying $269.00 per night you expect a much higher quality of food and service, The only reason I gave this hotel a 2 rating was do to the room, is was clean.

Room Tip: Don't use the valet, park , car yourself its in the bottom of the hotel. The valet in front of t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank travelingwvgirl
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear travelingwvgirl, thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. As I am glad to hear you enjoyed the room I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our restaurant. Rest assured I have addressed the issues mentione with our Food & beverage team to make sure the areas we fell short are addressed with urgency. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach me directly at 703-351-9170.

Paul-Le Meridien Management