New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scituate, Massachusetts
“Good option, do miss the old management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed here frequently when it was a Kimpton because of the strength of the loyalty program and quality of staff and room. Returning under new management. it was nice to see that both were largely still intact. Early check in no problem. Room okay - would have preferred a view, and higher floor but my room on a lower floor is what was ready at check in apparently. The room is still nice - quality linens, great mattress. There is some noticeable wear to the rooms from my last stay here about a year ago: towels feel a little thin, the reading light above one of the beds in my room was missing. HORRIBLE compact fluorescent bulb in the lamp by the bed (I actually switched it out with an incandescent bulb from another lamp in the room), and the sink drain was clogged. Now, all of these are fairly minor - I called about the drain (fixed), took care of the light myself and well, the reading light: thank goodness there are two beds in my room - I took the other bed. I'm pleased to see that the rooms have not changed much. I do miss the coffee in the morning that the Kimpton had. It's good to know this is still a viable option for us. While I prefer the Kimpton hotels in DC more for their loyalty programs and fun quirkiness, this isn't as sterile as other Starwood properties can be, but not as funky (or expensive) as the W.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
Green Features: Compact Fluorescent light bulbs are NOT environmentally friendly. The mercury used in their production is toxic.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Chris M,

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that you chose our beautiful hotel for a return visit. I have shared your observations with our Engineering team to make sure the reading lights in the room are up to standards. I hope you will enjoy our loyalty program as well and visit us again in the near future! If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know.

Paul P-Le Meridien Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Keyser, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

The hotel was very clean and a great location to the Metro, but keep in mind there is no restaurants near the hotel other then the restaurant in the hotel. We choose this hotel because of location and the continental breakfast. However, we felt very lied to about the continental breakfast, on Saturday morning when we were seated for breakfast we told the waiter that we were guessed in the hotel and gave him our vouchers for breakfast. He brought each of us a plate with a danish filled with petrified fruit and a muffin that literally turned to dust when we picked it up. When we asked the waiter, "what is this" he said that is your continental breakfast. On Friday night we had dinner in the restaurant and it was HORRIBLE. We spent $65.00 on the worse meal we have ever had. Upon checking out we told the staff about our two horrible experience in the restaurant. His response was, your right the muffins and danishes are left over items from past booked conference rooms, so there is no telling how old they are, "I wouldn't eat them either." This is a supposed high end hotel, so when you are paying $269.00 per night you expect a much higher quality of food and service, The only reason I gave this hotel a 2 rating was do to the room, is was clean.

Room Tip: Don't use the valet, park , car yourself its in the bottom of the hotel. The valet in front of t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelingwvgirl
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear travelingwvgirl, thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. As I am glad to hear you enjoyed the room I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our restaurant. Rest assured I have addressed the issues mentione with our Food & beverage team to make sure the areas we fell short are addressed with urgency. If there is anything else I can do for you please do not hesitate to reach me directly at 703-351-9170.

Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I'm so disappointed! I used to love Le Meridien hotels and would try and stay in them during my business travel. Ick! Don't bother with this one - first of all my unit smelled of smoke, as did the hallway. The TV nor the hairdryer worked. The sink was teeny-weeny (think RV-like sink), and the check-in staff wasn't helpful as he said upon my arrival, "Oh-oh. We have a group who have extended their check out to 5pm so we can't get you a room until then" (it was 3pm). Are you kidding me? Room service order was sent back. Oh….but the towels are nice. Sorry Le Meridien….you lose.

Room Tip: Not sure where the nicest rooms are in this hotel. I was on the 10th floor in a room with a lot of...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NonaKim
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Good Morning NonaKim, Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I have alerted our team to address the issues mentioned so they can be resolved with urgency. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be glad to help.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed at this property last week (April) and arrived around 4 pm. Despite waited for ten minutes to check in (because the only front desk staff was eagerly talking to the other customer, I had a great experience with them, mainly because of front desk staff James saved my experience with them.

James showed up and quickly checked me in. My card was having a problem at the time, he just professionally dealt with it. He offer information I was looking for and in the end offered me a fruit plate to recognize my second stay with the property and of course of the spg program.

I think his service attitude should really be recognized.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jefferson L
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Good Morning Jefferson L, thank you so much for sharing your comments about the wonderful experience you had at Le Meridien and about the great service from our staff! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit and will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Paul-Le Meridien Arlington
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

After getting this hotel on Priceline, I checked the Trip Advisor reviews and became anxious. There were some not so complimentary reviews here. But I have to say, I don't know what they are talking about. At check-in, I was upgraded to an "Executive King" room on the 5th floor. This room had a King bed, sofa bed and an Elliptical trainer right in the room! In addition, there is a huge bathroom that has a whirlpool bath/shower. The room was very clean and the I slept great in the king bed. The staff was very accommodating. I noticed a light bulb out and called the front desk. Someone showed up in minutes to fix it. I used the valet parking for $18 which compared to downtown is a bargain. You can go in/out as much as you want. I called down just before leaving my room and the car was waiting for me when I reached the main floor. I did not dine at the restaurant but who dines in a hotel restaurant when you are this close to DC with all the great eating options?? There is Starbucks around the corner for breakfast. It appears that Rosslyn has become more residential in the last 10 years with apartments and condos replacing the old office buildings. I will definitely come back to this property in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DeanJC
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear DeanJC, we are so excited to know that you had a wonderful stay and that you have found your kind of hotel. I am happy to hear that the staff was so helpful in turning your stay into a memorable experience. I will certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights. The hotel is located in the commercial area close to the Potomac.
The room was surprisingly spacious and had great views of river and Georgetown. There is a small fitness room in the gym but it was only used by a handful of people so was sufficent on the day. The location of the hotel allows for a great run or walk along the river in the morning. Decor and facilities in general were of a good standard but the room had a musty smell.
Since I stayed in April there was only limited need for the AC. But the AC is unbelievably loud and will definitely prevent me from returning during Summer time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Good Afternoon nrk1974, thank you so much for choosing the Le Meridien for your stay and for sharing your thoughts and comments with us. I have forwarded the information about the AC to our team to make sure there is a prompt follow up. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Gaborone, Botswana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This was perfect for me for a recent business trip. The location is just perfect - 1 block from Metro, right next to the bridge for a quick walk to Georgetown, next to bike/walking path, quick places to eat right nearby. The room was very nice with a big tub with jets. There was also an elliptical in my room (not necessary since the gym was great!). The restaurant bar was busy in the evening which made it kind of a nice place to hang out solo too, and not stand out. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sophia902
Dear Sophia902, thank you for choosing the Le Meridien for your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and also our convenient location and proximity to Georgetown! I will look forward to seeing you back at the Le Meridien soon!