“Not what I was expecting”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
“Not what I was expecting”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I haven't stayed in a Le Meridien property in many years, so after reading some less than positive reviews of hotels in the Washington DC area I thought it would be a good option. A couple of thoughts:

-The hotel is isolated to some degree. It's also pretty small. It's definitely more "boutique" and you'll have to do without a few things by staying here. Your dining options are almost zero. Some of that has to do with the area. Things seem to close very early and there aren't a ton of options for shopping or dining. The good news is that you're only a quick cab ride or metro ride from those things. But if you want a bottle of water or a quick snack inside the hotel you're pretty much out of luck.

-Room was great in some ways, not as great in others. It seems like there are quite a few room types and sizes. In order to get a decent room i had to settle for an accessible room. The bed was great and very comfortable, there were plenty of power outlets and the internet service was great. On the downside, it was fairly dark in the room even with all the lights on.

-Staff was very friendly. They were able to arrange a car or taxi very quickly.

-I'm platinum with Starwood and was pretty disappointed with what that gets you at this location. That may not make much of a difference to anyone who doesn't have status with the Starwood program.

-Room service was hit or miss. Their late night menu is not good.

So, there are probably plenty of people that would really like this hotel, but I'd pick another option if I returned to this area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank MattbPR
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Good Afternoon mattbPR, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am glad that our staff was helpful throughout your stay and certainly would like to apologize for the areas we fell short. This will give us an oppportunity to improve and we will address the issues mentioned promptly. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know and I will ne glad to help.

Le Meridien Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Ambler
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We just returned from a very nice weekend at this hotel. I had never stayed here before, but was willing to try something new, and I'm very glad we did. We had a very nice time, and we really liked the hotel. There were very few nitpicks that I had, but the good far, far outweighed anything slightly off. The rate was extremely reasonable, and it included breakfast, which in the end turned out to be a great deal. Check in was very smooth, and we were given an available room with a view of the potomac immediately. The room was very nice, large, the king bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The bathroom was spacious as well. I didn't love the bath products, or the fact that the bottles were mounted to the wall, but this is a minor thing for me. The hotel is very close to Key Bridge and to the Rosslyn metro stop, which was extremely convenient. We loved the location, and there were plenty of places close by to grab a quick bite. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We did have a small issue with room service - we tried to order and kept getting re-directed to the front desk because no one was picking up. The staff member said he'd have room service call us back. They did, about 10 minutes later, and our food arrived about 40-45 mintues after that. That was a bit long, but the food was delicious, as were the breakfast offerings from Amuse, the restaurant at the hotel. All in all, we had a really nice weekend, and really enjoyed this hotel. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: We had a city view on the 11th floor, which offered a wonderful view of Georgetown and the Potomac.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you mb187143 for choosing the Le Meridien for your recent visit. I am so happy to see that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our property and the beautiful room with a vew of the Potomac and Georgetown! I will look forward to seeing you back in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,145 helpful votes
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Nicely located on a quiet street in Rosslyn, just across the Key Bridge from Georgetown. It is in a new, high-standard residential building. Well-equipped gym. The hotel has the potential of being a very good 4-star property. Alas, it is let down by budget-conscious and not detail-oriented management. This is shown in: broken reading lamps that are not replaced (see photos); toiletries that are cheaply attached to walls (as opposed to nice miniature bottles from good brands); absence of basic amenities (shower caps, shoe miffs); lack of a luggage rack in the room; etc. They would oblige in a friendly manner if you call and ask, but all these make you feel it's more a Holiday Inn than a Meridien or Sheraton hotel. Oh, and one room we were shown smelled badly of smoke - clearly they don't have a no-smoking policy, or didn't clean the room after a stay; anyway we were moved but not warned of such possibility.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lam N
Thank you Lam N for staying at the Le Meridien while visiting Arlington and Washington, DC. Please accept my apologies if our staff fell short in meeting all expectations and rest assured that all issues will be addressed promptly. If there is anything else I can do for you do not hesitate to let me know.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had three nights at the Le Meridien with my wife. The hotel is just 3 minute walk to Rosslyn Metro Station and you can just walk over the bridge to George Town.

The hotel is modern and the reception staff are really helpfull. We used the vallet parkering at it worked great (30$ per day / 18$ per day Fri-Sun).

1 Thank boejland
Thank you boejland for choosing the Le Meridien for your recent visit to Arlington. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our hotel. I will certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Philadelphia
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Just returned from a weekend stay at Le Meridien, Arlington and I was very impressed. The hotel itself is is nicely furnished with modern decor. The room was spacious, modern and clean. I could see the Washington Monument from my window. It's a one block walk from the Rosslyn Metro Station, and 1-2 blocks from the Key bridge leading to Georgetown. The location is great whether you plan on spending most of your time in Arlington or DC.

But what really impressed me is the hotel's service. The staff at Le Meridien went above and beyond to accommodate us. When we arrived it was 10pm and we were hungry, so we looked at the room service menu and saw that they stopped serving the regular menu at 9:30pm. We didn't want any of the offerings on the late night menu, so we asked if we could order from the regular menu, to which they responded "sure" and happily assented. The next day we were waiting for friends to pick us up and decided to have mimosas at the bar of the hotel restaurant, Amuse, while we waited. We were informed that the bar wasn't open yet and that they don't have mimosas on the breakfast menu, but that they could make them for us and we could sit in the lounge/bar area anyway. They even turned the tv on for us. I love this place! It seemed like they were willing to do whatever they could within reason to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.
I usually stay in DC when I'm in the area and have actually never considered staying in Arlington, but now that I know how close Le Meridien is to DC and how awesome this hotel is, I will definitely stay here again. Add to all of this, the fact that I got a great rate for my stay and it just can't be beat! Thank you Le Meridien Arlngton! I'll be at a different Starwoods property in a few weeks and you guys have set the bar pretty high.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you MNGPhila for choosing the Le Meridien and for being able to enjoy the stunning views from our rooms! I am very happy to hear that our staff went above and beyound to make your stay a memorable one! I will certainly look forward to seeing you back at the Le Meridien Arlington soon.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great location- just walk over the bridge and you are in Georgetown! We stayed here for a weekend. My newly engaged son arranged for his fiance's parents to fly in to meet us. My son told the General Manager this was the intent of the visit and he graciously upgraded both rooms. (Thank you!!!) One room had an amazing living room; just the perfect place to get to know my son's wonderful "in laws to be." Weekend rates were very reasonable. Great place for our special weekend.

1 Thank DeDe B
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you DeDe B for the wonderful comments about the Le Meridien Arlington. We are so happy to hear that you had such a memomarable experience while staying with us and were able to enjoy the upgraded suite! We look forward to hosting many more happy stays for you and your family!

Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel on trip with boy friend. We got the room next to family who had a grumpy kid. But that was not the main point to blame them. While we were getting ready to sleep, we found out the AC didn't work. So we call to the lobby for their services. They gave us a drunken guy who not allowed to walk into our private. We were sick of AC and hoping it would work on during the night. But it did not.
My boy couldn't sleep well and upset about this place very much.

Finally, I called for dine room service for breakfast and got that food for inconvenience night and free when we checked out.

Should I blame them?
All I can say it was written on above. But this place got my last visit already.

• Stayed February 2014
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you Princess P for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to meet the high standards we have set for ourselves. If you get an opportunity to contact me directly at the hotel I will be glad to assist you personally. I will certainly look forward to seeing you back soon.