“Girls weekend”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

What a perfect location! Just right outside Georgetown and close enough to all the bars in Arlington! The room was super and spacious enough for 4 girls. Beautiful view of the pencil and excellent service!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank lexi1720
Paul P, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you lexi1720 for choosing the Le Meridien Arlington for your recent visit. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful property and the great service we provide! We definitely will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Lemeridien Management

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel for a month for government business. The rooms are great and the housekeeping staff is fantastic. Beds are very comfortable but keeping a constant, reliable temperature in the room is a crap shoot. Thermostats just don't work very well. I know the restaurant is under rennovation but the temporary restaurant is absolutely terrible!!! The wait staff is rude, inconsiderate and rarely gets your order correct. There have been multiple complaints to management about how rudely some of our group have been treated, but there has been no change in attitude. It is such a 180 degree turn from the rest of the hotel. Managment needs to step in now and make some changes.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Foxfire0-0-7
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Good Afternoon FireFox0-0-7,

Thank you for the feedback regarding the great service delivered by our housekeeping staff and I also want to apologize for the treatment of our restaurant staff. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and we have met with our restaurant team to address the concerns you have brought to our attention. Please bear with us as the changes begin to take affect and thank you for joining us at Le Meridien Arlington.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

excellent spg stay in december for a short weekend stay. We had two rooms and were upgraded to an exec suite and a one bedroom suite. we loved the fireplace in the lobby and the service was perfect. will definitely be visiting again. we did not get breakfast at the hotel as it seemed a bit expensive, but there are many restaurants within walking distance which serve breakfast for a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ttravel09
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you Ttravel09 for sharing your comments. We are pleased you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed an upgraded suite during your visit. We will look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Manager at the Le Meridien Arlington

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I am in the midst of planning a wedding and liked this hotel. The catering manager Mya and her boss were not very helpful at all. They have standard packages that they will not personalize on behalf of the couple. They are not willing to worm with you to plan your special day and instead go back and forth and tell you what they will not do because it will take away from their brand. I was also told multiple times that the day I was looking at was a popular day and they did not have to comprise. This was after talking to them for a month, you would think if it was so popular then someone would have already signed a contract for that date. I'm reality nobody even knows about the hotel. It's connect to a condo building and not large at all. Don't waste your time signing anything with them. If this is how they treat potential clients I would have hated to see how they treated me after I gave them my money.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank I3426WVmarial
William D, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Maria L.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with our hotel. At the Le Meridien Arlington we take great pride on creating memorable weddings for the most discerning of clientele. Our unique venue and offering is certainly one of the more exciting places to be found in Northern Virginia and the Arlington area with what we feel to be fair and competitive pricing. However, we also know our price point will not be agreeable for everyone. Selfishly, we would love to have every wedding as well as yours, but at the end of the day, we know reality must take hold and some budgets may have constraints. Nevertheless, while we may not have been your affordable solution, we sincerely wish you and your fiancé all the best!

Best Regards,

Alex R

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I would just like to start by saying how impressed I am with the Le Meridien Hotel, the location is very convenient as it’s very close to the Rosslyn Metro and Bus station. It is situated very close to the center of Washington DC and I stayed on the 9th floor and the view was amazing. It is close to Georgetown which is easily accessible using the Rosslyn Metro station. The hotel itself is a very fancy hotel, very upscale and I was impressed with the scenery within the hotel, the nice carpets, the doors and the room was very elegant. The room was very clean and I felt very relaxed and comfortable within the room environment. The staff were very welcoming and I want to say thank you to Dalong who displayed a great customer service and customer care. Thank you for the fantastic hospitality and quality experience and I will definitely return with my fiancée sometime in the future, see you soon

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Msrafols_travel78
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you Msrafols_travel78 for the wonderful comments about the beautiful room overlooking Georgetown and the hospitality of our staff! We will look forward to welcoming you back at the Le Meridien Arlington soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Needed to be in Arlington for a couple of days. Did a 4 star bid on Priceline for $90, got this room for two nights just before the MLK holiday.

I was previously a member of this brands rewards program SPG before switching teams to Hilton, never enjoyed Le Meridien as they always seem to be lacking personality and identity (in every one I've stayed in they were formerly something else and this one was no different having formerly been the Kimpton Palomar).

When I arrived I was disappointed in the parking situation. Self-parking is available but is so difficult you will pull out of the garage to find the valet (the parking deck is owned by the apartments next door, it is drama). After getting valeted I came upstairs and Leilani checked me in. I asked for an upgrade immediately and was given one with no questions asked. Awesome.

Lobby is stylish and feels private and cosmopolitan and luxurious. Halls are very dark and swank.
Get into the room and BING0- for $90? Jackpot! All of the furnishings and accents feel very high class right down to the heavy wooden closet and bath doors, beautiful tub and sink, plush bed- just everything.

My foot had been injured earlier in the day and I called down for some ice. Leilani the woman who checked me in? BROUGHT IT UP HERSELF to check on me! SO nice! A really, really nice touch that made me feel so good. Ordered a couple of drinks- the bar was excellent.

The two days flew by and I was sad to leave. Like legit sad. Love this property. I will *always* book directly now. This is what third party sites are about. Not getting you in to fill their unused space like cattle and treating you like second class citizens. They treated me first class all the way and now I will book at 2.5 or 3x the rate I paid to make sure I get in when I'm in the area.

This Meridien really won me over and having stayed in hundreds of hotels for business & leisure travel I'm not easy to please. Well done Arlington Le Meridien, well done.

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure every room in here is a winner
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank AnonysaurusRex

Thank you AnonysaurusRex for the great comments about our hotel and staff! We are pleased to know that you had such a wonderful visit and will always look forward to having you back.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed over MLK weekend. The front desk person at check-in was extremely gracious and the room was decently sized for a hotel of this caliber. That is where the positives end, however, as the heat would only work intermittently in our room and the noise from construction (of which we were not made aware until arriving at the hotel; note: it will be going on until mid-March, I believe) was somewhat bothersome throughout our stay. Other issues included an inability to take a hot shower during peak morning hours. All of this could have been overlooked, given the rate we paid, had it not been for their botched, infuriatingly incompetent check-out procedure. After having been told I would be emailed a bill at check-out, I received two specifying the same charges to my account, each noting that it was my "updated and final folio." Duplicative but fine. We then went up to the front desk to clarify that the amount in the emails indeed covered all of our charges and specifically mentioned our concern that we hadn't been charged for both of the cars we valeted there. The woman working at the front desk assured us that the bill we received represented all of the charges and was in fact "updated and final" as specified in the email. However, upon retrieving our vehicles, we, lo and behold, were told that there was an additional $30 charge that hadn't been added to our tab. Again, one slip up is understandable, though we then had to wait another 20 minutes, while the parking attendant went upstairs and had the front desk print out another purported "updated and final" receipt. It was only after departing the hotel that I received two additional "updated and final folios" with another parking charge beyond the previous $30 charge that I had been told about. When I called the hotel to clarify, the person I spoke with claimed that the front desk was not at fault because the parking garage was not owned by the hotel, and they were not made aware of the charges until after I left (even though the parking attendant went up and ostensibly discussed the charges with the front desk staff person, given he provided me with an updated bill from the hotel just a few hours before). While I can see why the representative would make this argument, when a guest receives multiple bills marked as "updated and final," all with varying charges, it can be a bit frustrating to say the least. Moreover, when I pointed out to this representative that their wording is misleading and should be changed, I was told that this is the way they have always done things. Apart from that argument's illogicality, their apparent unwillingness to treat guest suggestions with any kind of courtesy is most infuriating. For this reason, I will never stay at this property again and recommend that anyone who is thinking of parking a vehicle during their stay seriously reconsider their choice of hotel (or be forewarned). The rack rates are not worth the hassle and the apparent incompetence of most of their staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jkals

I would like to thank jkals for choosing the Le Meridien for their recent visit and apologize for the inconvenience with the valet charges. We have contacted the valet company and followed up on the timeliness of posting valet charges to make sure things of that nature do not happen again in the future. We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back at the Le Meridien!