“Excellent hygiene, Excellent location, Excellent front office, Excellent hotel...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Arlington

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #35 of 51 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for a night only but this was a really special hotel. The rooms were clean, everything was brand new, decorated nicely, the bathroom was a piece of art... We booked this hotel from expedia and the price was like a joke. It was really cheap for a luxurious comfort like this. Also the front office was really helpful. Generally when you book from a third party, you wont expect this kind of nice treatment from front office. But this was an exception.

Thanks to everyone that made my DC trip an unforgettable one... I will reccommend this hotel to everyone...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank umutaytac
William D, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of Le Meridien Arlington. Our staff strives to go above and beyond for every guest. I am happy to hear that you had a memorable experience here. We look forward to you returning next time you are in the Washington DC area.

William

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Hotel is located just across the Key Bridge from Georgetown. The elevators take a little getting used to, as one set only goes to the 4th floor (where check in is located) and another goes up to the rooms. It is a nice play to stay.

Great running route if you come out of the hotel, turn right on Lynn, go across the Key Bridge and then as soon as you get to the end of the bridge take the trail on the right down to the Potomac where you can run all the way into the Washington Mall.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RunningOnAndOn
Dear RunningOnandOn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Le Meridien Arlington. With our location, there are so many great running routes throughout the city. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

During my DC visit, I wanted a hotel that was close to a bike rental facility, kayak rental facility and metro. This hotel was close to all. I discovered it was adjacent to the Mt. Vernon Trail and Captial Crescent Trail, perfect for cycling. Also situated beside the Key Bridge, I found I could walk to safely (even at night) to Georgetown's campus, Georgetown restaurants and shopping and the Kennedy Center. I never needed a car. Everything was close by foot, cycle or metro.

The hotel offered many things I valued: Friendly staff, comfortable and clean rooms, four complimentary newspapers, complimentary morning coffee and 5:00 wine, and a beautiful patio overlooking Washington DC with an incredible view of the sunrise and sunset .

Would I return? Yes!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane S
Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Le Meridien Arlington! I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us. We take pride in our service and clean and comfortable rooms! Please visit us again next time you come to the DC area.

Western New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel, I think, was once an apartment building or condominium. My wife and I were traveling through the Washington area and were looking for a place to stay that would be reasonably priced but close to the subway. Le Meridien was advertising an $89 room rate... about $30-40 less than the nearby Holiday Inn. The hotel itself is beautiful and if you can get it for the rate we did, you should take it in a minute.

However, there were some odd things about it. First of all, it's hard to find. The sign is rather small and we drove by it twice before we actually located it. Parking is not free, but I don't really expect that it will be in large cities (though there are some hotels in Rossyln that do offer free parking). And, most importantly, the logistics are a bit difficult. The reception desk is not on the ground floor. You walk in the lobby and you are directed to an elevator where you go up a few floors to get to the reception desk. We checked in and then went back down to the first floor to put our car in the garage.

Be careful parking! The spaces are arranged in such a way that it is possible to park so that you will block another car in (or get blocked in yourself). Once parked, you take an elevator back up to the lobby and then take a walk to the elevator that will get you to the reception area and then take an elevator up to your room. As I said, the arrangement is a little odd.

The rooms are nice, and we did have a view of Georgetown. We walked over the Georgetown for dinner. The hotel is close enough to the Key bridge that this is quite possible to do. In fact the location is wonderful because it is convenient both to the bridge to Georgetown and to the subway.

There is a lobby bar and before going up to our room we decided to have a drink there. The selection of wines and liquors is really very limited. It is clearly not intended to be a public bar, but instead to serve the residents only. For example, they don't have any way to take credit cards. We ended up charging to our room, but there really wasn't any practical way to tip the bartender.

The bottom line is that the place is very nice, upscale, and very clean. But it does have some unusual edges. My wife thought that she would not be likely to stay here again. I certainly would be willing to do so, but only if I got another really good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jahansen,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Le Meridien Arlington. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. While we do have a full service lounge, some evenings Amuse is rented for private functions. When this occurs we have a cash bar in our living room to accomodate all of our guests. Please come and visit us again next time you are traveling to the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night and liked the hotel overall. I had a King room with a great view of Georgetown and the Key Bridge. The clean and spacious rooms, were comfortable like I've come to expect from Le Meridien. The location is also pretty nice with coffee shops and restaurants right around the corner and the Metro a couple blocks away.

The front desk staff were particularly friendly at checkin and checkout. However, the service was a bit slow. When I called down for room service in the evening and then again the next morning, the front desk connected me, but the room service line just rang. Eventually, the calls rolled back over to the front desk. It's a small hotel and seems to run with a bit of a skeleton crew. I had the french toast for breakfast and would highly recommend it.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank andy843
Dear Andy834,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Le Meridien Arlington. I am glad to hear that you had a good experience with our hotel. Please come and stay with us again next time you are in the Washington DC area.

Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

my wife and i almost never get out of the house without the kids . "babysitters" just aren't for us. so once or twice a year when grandma comes to visit we try to schedule a weekend away. D.C. is always our go-to destination and the Le Meridien is always our go-to hotel. the views of the river and Georgetown are fantastic and the staff is super accommodating. i would like to mention James and Will specifically. they have made us feel cared for from the time of check in till the moment we checked out. James suggested a really nice restaurant in Georgetown called Sequoia. a beautiful place right on the water. It was amazing and we cant wait to go back again. we were given the two room suite as a very generous upgrade from James during our most recent stay( 15th anniversary) .this room was the most impressive room we have ever been in Exquisite ...luxurious. . modern, clean and comfortable.
we LOVE this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank itmustaben
Tee L, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the staff at the Le Meridien Arlington, we'd like to thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. I'm glad that you had positive interactions with our staff. It is our goal to ensure that every guest that stays with us has a positive experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Tee Loofa
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here for a week during my 2 months in DC Starwood properties and this was a very good one for the following reasons: It is very close to the Rosslyn metro, it has beautiful views of the river and Georgetown, it's very close to the Custis Memorial/Mt Vernon Trails and Roosevelt Island, the Key Bridge Boathouse and a delicious sushi restaurant called Kanpai. They have wine tastings during the week and the food in the restaurant is very good and extremely reasonably priced (my huge breakfast with omelette and all the sites was only $11). The lobby is on the 4th floor and the building is shared with condos (no issues, but just fyi). The room was a fairly typical size and is very modern in style. Rosslyn is a nice area, sort of similar to Crystal City in that it's a place where people live and work, but there is not a lot of "excitement", if that's what you are looking for. It was a very accommodating place to stay for business travel, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, in particular with folks asking for details about 4th of July festivities and locations that took place during my stay. My only frustration was that I had my road bike with me and they offered to valet check it and then it often took me awhile to retrieve it (they have full-time valet folks, but someone from the desk has to get a bicycle). If you bring a bicycle- just keep it in your room, that worked best for me!

Green Features: The option to waive daily housekeeping was nice as I didn't need it every day. I didn't mind the motion-activated thermostat most of the time, but occasionally it would cut off at night. That was frustrating in July!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Emily Z
Tee L, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing this kind review. We’re glad you enjoyed all that we have to offer and appreciated our convenient location and comfortable accommodations. We do apologize that certain amenities.i.e parking did not meet your expectations and hope that these inconveniences did not detract from your stay overall.
We hope to welcome you back to the Le Meridien for the exceptional stay that you deserve and we thank you for your review.
Warm Regards!