“Hotel, Restaurant, GREAT”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I've stayed at Le Meridien before but I was in town while their restaurant Amuse had its weekly Brazilian Jazz on its terrace. Such an amazing atmopshere. But it gets better! Special BBQ menu to go along with the happy hour, so it heightens the experience. I had the Kobe beef sliders that were the best I've ever had. Just the right amount with perfect seasoning, and a little carrot salad on the side. Hats off to the BBQ Mistress Foozia. Don't miss this treat on Thursdays, if you are anywhere nearby the area! Service very good but slow, so just sit back and relax. :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
William D, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear ultraLauren,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback at Le Meridien Arlington. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our Wednesday night Brazilian Jazz and BBQ on Amuse's Terrace. I'm glad the staff and Foozia were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you back next time you are in the Washington DC area.

William D

Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife, 2 yr old daughter and I stayed for 1 night during the week. It's a very nice hotel, great location, and very nice lobby/restaurant. It's a boutique, so it's not very kid friendly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Wasn't great for us, but it was 1 night. There's no vending aside from the mini bar, so unless you only want peanuts or a cliff bar you need to head out. Parking is 30/night (average for the area) and a bit misleading. The directions on where to park are clear, but I was stopped by one of the attendants in the morning to move my car bc they wanted it for residents. I was parked right beside a sign for the right level, but he told me the sign was wrong and I needed to move down a level. No huge deal, but irritating. As far as everyone's confusion regarding the elevators, it's not bad. From the parking deck, remember to go to level 1. There is no sign outside telling you that, but its the sensible choice. From there you do see a sign saying to go in, and then another saying to take the elevator to the lobby. Not hard to figure out but I did run into some confused people. I thought the bathroom was nice, and rooms were large, so it had what we needed. (FYI, our view from our room was a wall, lol) still a decent stay, but not a long term or option for families in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2013
William D, Front Office Supervisor at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Evan828,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. I am sorry to hear that you had an issue in the parking garage. While a boutique hotel, we are still family friendly. We look forward to having you back next time you're in the Washington DC area.

William D

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The room was clean and the front desk helpful. The front desk staff Adeel was very friendly and professional. It is hard to find the lobby of the Hotel but once we were there we were greeted with big smiles and a warm welcome. Not the usual in a big city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Dear Amitintoronto,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and Adeel exceeded your expectations. Please come and visit us again.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is situated on a busy street, but once you head inside the hotel a pleasant quietness is noticeable. The entrance is a bit unconventional but it provides good security. Upon entering the building you are directed to an elevator that goes only to the 4th floor, to the front desk. After checking in you are directed to another elevator that goes to the rooms. We found all of the staff to be friendly and helpful. Common areas and rooms were clean. Loved having 3 newspapers offered each day - USA Today, NY Times, and Washington Post. Parking is easy - valet or self parking - both options rather pricey but you are in the city. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Deegi,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found and hotel clean and comfortable. When you travel brings you back in Arlington, please come and visit us again.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great place to stay when visiting DC! Close to the Rosslyn metro station and just a short walk across the Key bridge to Georgetown. Beautifully decorated boutique style hotel. Very clean! Friendly staff! Great atmosphere! Abut pricy but worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Potomac River
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Michael C,

Thank you for your feedback Michael! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looking to stay as close to Georgetown University as possible for our son 's graduation and this was the nearest available. We found the hotel to be clean, comfortable with spacios rooms that were serviced regularly. Front desk and bell desk was terribly understaffed but everyone always tried harder.
Lots of food places nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Jairaj H

Dear Jairaj H,

Thank you so much for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington! Very happy to hear that you had enjoyed your visit with us, I will share your feedback with my team. Thank you again and we hope to see you back.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I got a room for about 100 bucks on Priceline. Great convenience, as right at Rosslyn metro. Very nice curb appeals, and nice interior. But overall, strange design, as lobby is on 4th floor. You can't walk in off the street and take an elevator to your room; you have to get off at 4th floor and change elevators.

Staff were very pleasant on check in. Room was very nicely decorated and appointed; comfortable.

Unfortunately, when I went to take shower before meeting old friend for dinner, there was no hot water. I called. They said they'd send someone in 20 minutes. I waited an hour and saw no one. Had to leave - very disappointed to not have full shower before my dinner. I was assured it was taken care of when I got back later, but I went to my room, no hot water. Went back to front desk. Staffer tells me they'll send someone again from engineering again. I had to ask to be switched, and thought that was odd. The staffer looked a bit miffed by my request, and that didn't please me given my oh so basic request - a room with a functioning shower. The staffer ended up being accommodating, but it didn't seem to come easy for him. Next room had abundant hot water, so I don't know what the problem was in the original.

While it's nice to be in such a seemingly upper scale place, I had to wonder if folks paying more would be disappointed. No free internet, charge for the bottled water they leave in your room, no on site gift shop (I also had forgotten a toiletry and was stunned that they weren't able to accommodate. Hotels should simply have those things - particularly ones that charge the rates they normally charge).

Also - I discovered after I'd checked out and was at the airport that I left my iPhone charger in the room, so I called - a long shot, I know - to see if I could get it returned, but was told, "I can't help you because house keeping is gone. you'll have to call back when they're open during business hours." This is the service industry?? The staffer didn't seem to have any idea how the hotel would handle it. I think management might want to make clearer to staff how to handle typical issues - problems in rooms, issues with travelers leaving things behind.

Room Tip: some rooms on higher floors would have view of river and Georgetown.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank milesdd
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear milesdd,

Thank you so for for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit with us. Please accept my apology for the issue experienced during your visit. I will definitely share your feedback with the team.

Thank you for your business.