“Nice, but missing some beats”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I got a room for about 100 bucks on Priceline. Great convenience, as right at Rosslyn metro. Very nice curb appeals, and nice interior. But overall, strange design, as lobby is on 4th floor. You can't walk in off the street and take an elevator to your room; you have to get off at 4th floor and change elevators.

Staff were very pleasant on check in. Room was very nicely decorated and appointed; comfortable.

Unfortunately, when I went to take shower before meeting old friend for dinner, there was no hot water. I called. They said they'd send someone in 20 minutes. I waited an hour and saw no one. Had to leave - very disappointed to not have full shower before my dinner. I was assured it was taken care of when I got back later, but I went to my room, no hot water. Went back to front desk. Staffer tells me they'll send someone again from engineering again. I had to ask to be switched, and thought that was odd. The staffer looked a bit miffed by my request, and that didn't please me given my oh so basic request - a room with a functioning shower. The staffer ended up being accommodating, but it didn't seem to come easy for him. Next room had abundant hot water, so I don't know what the problem was in the original.

While it's nice to be in such a seemingly upper scale place, I had to wonder if folks paying more would be disappointed. No free internet, charge for the bottled water they leave in your room, no on site gift shop (I also had forgotten a toiletry and was stunned that they weren't able to accommodate. Hotels should simply have those things - particularly ones that charge the rates they normally charge).

Also - I discovered after I'd checked out and was at the airport that I left my iPhone charger in the room, so I called - a long shot, I know - to see if I could get it returned, but was told, "I can't help you because house keeping is gone. you'll have to call back when they're open during business hours." This is the service industry?? The staffer didn't seem to have any idea how the hotel would handle it. I think management might want to make clearer to staff how to handle typical issues - problems in rooms, issues with travelers leaving things behind.

Room Tip: some rooms on higher floors would have view of river and Georgetown.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank milesdd
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear milesdd,

Thank you so for for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your visit with us. Please accept my apology for the issue experienced during your visit. I will definitely share your feedback with the team.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at thsi hotel for 9 nights becaue it was close to the venue of our daughter's wedding at the Top of the Town in Rosslyn, Arlington. I cannot say enough good things about this property.
It has a very upmarket feel and offers an extremely high level of service at reasonable prices for the area. Prices are especially good on weekends.
The hotel is right on the Potomac River beside the Key Bridge which runs over the river to Georgetown. The river view rooms have fanatastic vistas. The Arlington Military Cemetry and the Iwo Jimo memorial are nearby. Their is also an underground station not far away. The bus from NY to Washington also stops right opposite the Hotel.
Most of our out of town guests (about 30 rooms) booked into the hotel. They gave everyone a great deal. My wife and I were upgraded to a very large suite and our daughetr got a good deal on the bridal suite. The staff just couldn't do enough for us. I would especially recomend this hotel for a function along with the wedding venue at the Top of The Town, which has unbelievable views of DC.
The Hotel is not in DC itself. Rosslyn is more of a business area during the week, but Goergetown is just 15 minutes walk over the Key Bridge and you're right in the thick of it.

Room Tip: See if you can get a river view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Levenberg

Dear M/M Levenberg,

Congratulations again on your dauthers wedding! I'm glad that you and the rest of the family enjoyed your visit with us. Thank you so much for your business and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've always wanted to come and take a tour around washington dc, so I decided to come with a couple of my friends. We decided to pick this hotel after reading the good reviews on it. I have to say, I definitely do not regret it at all. The service was excellent, an associate Tee, did a great job in helping to clear out any confusions I had, and he even recommended some good restaurants for me and my friends to eat at, since it was my first time around that area. He also recommended site seeing areas to visit. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Very clean, amazing service, and perfect location!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chelsea s

Dear Chelsea S,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and we exceeded your expectations. Please come and visit us again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I had to find a place to stay while work was going on in the house, no heat/water. We got into Le Meridien with hotwire for a darn great price. This hotel has class and location. Rooms size as on the small side, but it is a specialty type of hotel. You have condo residents on other floors, and there is a great place to eat at the hotel, and plenty of less expensive places in the area. If you have need to go downtown DC, metro is about block away. We left our car home, and took taxi to not have to pay for parking, middle of a city and parking is always an extra fee, Comfortable, clean, and neatly decorated.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear highway_69,

Thank you so much for visiting Le Meridien Arlington! We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and you find the hotel convenient. We look forward having you again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here towards the end of cherry blossom season this year and found it to be perfect for what I was looking for. Essentially, I wanted to tour DC and walk around during the day and knew I wouldn't be using the hotel much besides as a comfortable place to come back to at the end of the night. The prices were reasonable and I would've had to pay up for this equivalent in DC. This is right by the rosslyn metro so its easy to get around. The room was nice and clean, the beds were very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like (and hate in general) is that they charged for the bottled water in your room ($3 each for regular water!). I feel like that price is outrageous, even if there isn't 1-2 bottles of complimentary water it should at least be at a reasonable price!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ms. Laura K,

Thank you so much for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington! I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. Please see us again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived on a Friday for a long weekend, staying until Monday. I wish I could remember who checked us in because he was friendly & efficient, as was the other gentlemen on the front desk 4/26. I will point out that whomever was on the front desk on the evening of 4/28 when there were issues with the computers printing for us and a key issue for another guest needs a refresher course in manners & attitude. Frankly, he was even snooty towards co-workers. I don't hold that against the hotel, he was the only person who was sub-par.

Location is actually pretty good in my mind. Easy walk to and from the Rosslyn Metro station. Take a quick look at the Metro map and see that it is actually an easy ride to most places you want to go, a bonus being on the same line as Reagan National. An easy walk into Georgetown is one of the things l really like about this location. We were not alone walking across the bridge into Georgetown in either direction we were going.

Not much for restaurants around here for us, but we never pick a hotel to be close to restaurants. I will point out, a Cosi, McDonald's, and Starbucks are all pretty much across the street. Another block away was a Chipotle and I think a bit more at least one pizza place. Of course, if you are up for a stroll, you pretty much have your pick in Georgetown.

We did not ask for a room with a view of the river & Georgetown, our room was on the 10th floor. Not much to see, but if you angled yourself right you could see the Washington Monument.

Beds were great and the bathroom was perfectly clean. Two queen beds and desk and we still didn't feel cramped. We passed on housekeeping for the extra 1,000 Starwood points. I will say that at check-in they mentioned more than once that if we needed anything like extra towels to let them know.

Had continental breakfast which was just fine. Fresh fruit, pastries, toast, cereal are all options.

As for the set up of the hotel, I have stayed at many hotels like this and am honestly surprised by people who think it is confusing. You walk in the front door and there is a sign telling you to go to the 4th floor. Don't know what is so confusing by that. As for the building having condos on the upper floors, another thing that I don't think that isn't that unusual. It will change nothing about your stay.

This hotel will be in our rotation when we return to DC.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

marathon1231,

Good morning!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback! I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit with us. Do you mind giving me more details regarding your encounter on 04/28?
Thank you so much for your business, I look forward hearing from you.

703-894-5062
allan.bella@lemeridienarlington.com

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is attached to the company I work for in the Rosslyn area of Arlington, so the Amuse restaurant that sits inside of the hotel is where I have most of my lunch or dinner meetings. The service is always fast and really high quality -- and the food is really good. But what makes me keep coming back is how easy the people make it. The waiters always remember me, always seem to get me in I just roll up without a reservation, and they always remember the little things about me, like my favorite orders, that I always drink decaf coffee *and* cranberry juice, and how I often don't eat even half of what I order. There is a waiter there named Daniel that is really great, and I'm bummed I can't remember his name, but there is an older gentleman that is a waiter as well that is really terrific too. Try it out for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Erica F,

Thank you so much for your continued business, I'm glad that you enjoyed your dining experience at Amuse and Daniel exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your loyalty.