“Great rooms, handy to Rosslyn station and all Washington attrations.”

Le Meridien Arlington
Ranked #34 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The rooms were great here. Weird set up with reception on fourth floor. Very handy to Rosslyn Metro station, Georgetown and all Washington attractions. Bars hours could be longer. No restaurant. Ver close to Iwo Jima monument (walkable).

• Stayed: April 2013
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear djmkm,

Good morning!

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. Very glad you enjoyed your visit.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Poor service no amenities. The restaurant the Amuse had inferior service. The waiters uniforms were durty. The services staff was standing around carring a conversation ignoring the custumers.

If you get a low rate they will offer an upgrade the is not worth it.

Room Tip: Dont go for the upgrade..
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Good Day Ms. Drl22,

Allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for the lack of amenities and service challenges at our hotel. I am Douglas Osborne, Food and Beverage Manager, and our hotel prides itself on exceeding guest expectations. We clearly failed to meet our promise and I will personally look into everything you mentioned. Hopefully you are able to join us in the future, if so, It would be my pleasure to be your direct contact. Again, thank you for the feedback.

Douglas Osborne

Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the past three years I have been traveling to Arlington to participate in a committee meeting for my professional organization. This was the first year that they arranged for us to stay at the Le Meridien. Since the organization pays the hotel expenses I cannot comment on the value for the dollar spent since I don't know what kind of rate was negotiated.

The reason for the above title is that when you enter the main doors of the hotel you need to take the elevator up to the 4th floor to check in. Although it is a little strange all the pre-arrival information I was given makes it clear as to where you need to go. Also a little strange is that the upper floors of the buidling are condos so you do have full time residents using the elevators, first floor and parking.

When I reached check-in the staff was efficient and courteous. They got me checked-in and to my room right away. The fourth floor is also where you find the hotel's lobby, bar and resturant. The had a nice wine reception in the late afternoon on the day of my arrival in the lobby area.

The room was very spacious, clean and well designed. I had a view of the Potomac River from my room. The bed was very comfortable and the climate control was easy enough for those of us who have had trouble at other hotels with getting the room temps right.

I used the fitness all three days of my stay. Unlike many hotel fitness centers this room had plenty of equipment and includes weight machines as well as free weights. Ample treadmills, crosstrainers and staionary cycles. The machines and room were clean and all cardio machines come with TV (they have a supply of clean headsets). Ample towels and ample water on hand. Because there were a number of cardio machines I didn't have t get up at the crack of dawn to make sure I got in a workout.

Finally the location is good as it is walking distance to Georgetown. and the subway station is two blocks up and one block over. I would recommend this hotel for anyone with business in Arlington, Georgetown or D.C.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank EdandMarna

Dear EdandMarna,

Thank you so much for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. Very glad that you enjoyed your first visit at the Le Meridien and enjoyed your work out in our fitness center. Please visit us again soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel used to be a Kimpton Hotel. I loved it as a Kimpton and was unsure of whether I'd like it as Le Meridien. When I arrived, Adeel greeted me, checked me in, made special morning coffee accommodations for my vegan diet, and made me feel welcome. He also kept in touch throughout my stay to make sure I was comfortable and had everything I needed. My stay was perfect, and I recommend Le Meridien to anyone staying in Arlington/Rosslyn, VA. If you are lucky, Adeel will be there to greet you as well! The hotel has a nice fitness center. One minus was the hotel restaurant. It's not as good as the previous restaurant; so I'd recommend looking for alternative dining.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Babs M,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and Adeel made your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for visiting us.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked this hotel through HotWire on our way across the country. Relatively easy to find, and very nice hotel. We had a lovely room with huge windows facing the river and Georgetown across the bridge. The front desk staff were extremely friendly, and even gave us a room on the highest floor possible when my fiance requested it. The hotel is a two minute walk from the metro, and there are great places to eat right down the street. My only complaint is the parking situation. When we first pulled up at the hotel, a man walked up to our car and asked for our keys. He did not have a uniform on, and told us that we were not allowed to park our car ourselves. Obviously, with no uniform on, and no clear indication that he worked for the hotel, we were very suspicious. My fiance ended up waiting downstairs while I went upstairs and checked-in and asked about parking. It turns out that for one price you can park your car at a garage down the street, but the garage closes and you cannot get it out once it is in until you are leaving the hotel. The other option is to pay extra for valet service in order to take the car in and out during your stay. Really it was all just pretty confusing. As I said, the hotel itself is lovely, and not very expensive, but the valet should probably wear at least a name tag so that it doesn't seem that someone is trying to steal your car. Also, suprise! if you log onto the open wireless network from your room the hotel tracks the signal and charges you without warning. Apart from those two things, however, it was all very nice.

Room Tip: Since they do not have city views, ask for a room facing the river/georgetown. Huge windows, really...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Living-Dahntahn
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Living-Dahntahn,

Thank you so much for providing us feedback regarding your recent stay. I'm glad that overall you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here and was very impressed. I was able to find this place off a great deal from Hotwire. The hotel is right on the Potomac and is very close to the Rosslyn metro rail. Restaurants are also near and had to trouble finding a quick bite. Parking is easy and accessible underneath the hotel itself.
The staff was very welcoming and friendly when we walked in to check in. One of the men was very kind and greeted us every time we walked by. My room was clean and was nice. The bathroom was clean with no mess. The beds were to die for, extremely comfortable and had no problem getting a good nights rest. I had a view of the Washington monument from my room.

I also used their fitness facility which was nice with treadmills, ellipticalls, a few weights and a couple machines. Overall a great place with great proximity to downtown dc. I will try to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013

The Michigan Traveller,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington and you find the hotel convenient and clean. Please visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for three nights. I had found this hotel off of hotels.com and was not disappointed. The hotel was modern and warm. The rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. When we checked in, Adeel moved us to a deluxe room on one of the higher floors. He was very friendly and provided maps of the area. The hotel shares its space with some condos and as such, you will find elevators/areas for hotel guests and elevators for residents. The fitness room is hands down one of the best I've used while staying in Washington DC. Many cardio machines and free weights/weight machines are available. Like with most DC area hotels, internet access is not free. It is situated on the third floor and looks out over the business area of Arlington. The hotel is about two-three blocks from the Rosslyn metro stop. This is extremely convenient as it is only about a 10-minute ride away from Reagan (DCA) airport via the Metro Blue Line or a 5-10 minute ride into downtown DC attractions via the Blue or Orange line. If you are flying in/out of Dulles, the shuttle bus picks you up two blocks away outside of the Rosslyn metro stop. The hotel is very close to the Key Bridge, which drops you directly onto the west end of M-Street (Georgetown). This is a very do-able walk (10-15 minutes) that gives you some excellent views as you cross the river. For runners, you are located closely to all the running trails that line the Potomac. There is no better way to start the day than with a run that passes all the major monuments before the crowds get there. When I return to DC I will definitely book at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jacyln M,

Thank you for staying at the Le Meridien Arlington. I'm glad that you find the hotel convenient and enjoyed your work out in our fitness center. Thank you for your business and we can't wait to have you back.