“A wedding stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Heathrow, Florida
“A wedding stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Very nice hotel and courteous Staff. Stayed two nights for a Wedding in Leesburg. Will stay again. Mo at the front desk was the best! Thanks for your help Mo! Arlington is the cleanest city I have ever seen. No pool, but you can walk across the bridge to George Town.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear SgtGrnt0311,

Thank you so much for the feedback. Very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and Mohammad at the desk exceeded your expectations. Please visit Le Meridien Arlington again in the near future.

Allan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was totally impressed by ever staff person at Le Meridien. We arrived late - near midnight - but someone was there to tell us where and how to park, the folks at reception were friendly and kind, they found maps and seemed to really care that we enjoyed our stay. And later, when I couldn't find my rental car, several of the folks in the parking garage helped me track it down.

On top of that - the room was great, and the location was perfect - a nice walk across the bridge to Georgetown!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear Patrick S,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington and the staff exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the feedback and please visit us again soon.

Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was my second experience staying with the Le Meridien chain. My first was a few years ago at their hotel in San Francisco. The Arlington hotel fits well into the feel of the brand, and I'd definitely stay at this or another Le Meridien location in the future.

We arrived Friday evening, and found it easy to find the hotel, park, and get to our room. The hotel has a street level lobby, where you enter an elevator to go up about four floors to where the main public areas of the hotel are, including the check-in/front desk. All of the areas of the hotel are decorated in modern, muted earth tones, with splashes of vivid color throughout. It feels very sleek and upscale, let inviting and relaxing. I think the decor at their hotels is perfect for adults without children or business travelers.

The staff were friendly and helpful, giving very informed answers about a few questions we had. Our room was a few few floors up, and had a view of a narrow, inaccessible, outdoor terrace. I liked that the windows were large and ran the width of the room. It was a cozy sized room, and had contemporary furnishings and lamps. The playful pattern of the carpet was a nice compliment to the muted tones of the walls, trim, and bedding. I noticed several people complained the 32" tv wasn't large enough, but I think it's fine for the size of the room. I'm not the kind of person to watch tv much in a hotel room anyway. The bathroom was also pleasing, with subway tile in the shower and marble flooring. I particularly liked the mirror over the sink which was backlit. These are details you find when you move up to a 4-star hotel, and make it feel special.

The location is excellent, as it's a 10-15 minute walk (a very nice walk!) across the Key Bridge to Georgetown. The Rosslyn Metro stop is just 2-3 minutes from the front door of the hotel too. There isn't really any reason to move the car while you're staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucky_bunni
Mansfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel was WONDERFUL! It's steps from the [fairly clean] METRO subway so there’s VERY easy access to DC. It felt way more expensive than what we paid for and the amenities were great. Mohammad, the gentleman that worked the desk, was a great help and checked us in right away with a friendly and accommodating demeanor. The concierge on the bottom floor (when we first arrived) was very helpful and funny. The one at night, not so much. There are drug stores and eateries within walking distance and if you smashed your face against our huge room window you could see the Washington Monument which was super cool for my school age traveling companion. The lobby / bar area is gorgeous too with a HUGE wood burning fire place & great atmosphere. This is a great alternative to the overpriced DC area hotels with wonderful, amazing staff.

Room Tip: The hotel itself is actually on, i believe the 5th floor, and the rooms are located above that floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I went to Washington for a Georgetown Univeristy Short Seminar and what was my great surprise when I checked in at the Le Meridien as I found a great venue with an excellent staff and close to everything I needed (metro station, Georgetown, Georgetown University, etc). I do recommend and I hope to stay there next year for the Phase III of the Seminar.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear rffgyn,

Thank you so much for the feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit at the Le Meridien Arlington. Please visit us again in the near future.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is the most modern designed room in which I have stayed, but the mattresses are terrible, I sat on 1 side of the bed and it felt like I was on a see-saw.. I understand that the hotel has recently become a Le Meridien....Very Clean, Love the Bathroom sink! Nice staff, Booked through priceline.com and the 1st room was a King, the front desk had no problem giving us a double room on a higher level...

Room Tip: No Great views or a pool, but this is an excellent hotel, watch out for the parking fee... $18 for v...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank rjones621
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear rjones621,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington. I have shared your feedback with my director of housekeeping, we will defintely look at the bed in question.

Thank you for visiting us.

Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

MY wife and I stayed at stayed at the Le Meridien Arlington for three days and nights. The hotel is located in a very convenient location that while uncongested, offered convenient travel to any desied locations. We found every element of the hotel to be excellent, especially the service. Our room was very clean, quiet and well appointed. The restaurant and it's staff where very friendly and courteous. The vallets where attentive and helpful. Finally, the front desk staff, Mohammed and Sara, were star performers. Both served us well above and beyond the call. We received genuine and thoughtful service no matter what our needs. Five stars!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Thomas M
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear Thomas M,

Thank you so much for the feedback. Very happy you and your wife enjoyed your stay at the Le Meridien Arlington and the staff exceeded your expectations. Please visit us again soon.