All reviewsamuse restaurantfloor lobbykey bridgefront deskfourth floorroom servicethe rosslyn metro stationacross the bridgeself parkpotomac riverupgraded to a suitehotel restaurantdc areahotel guestshotel is beautifulparking garage isbusiness trip
Reviewed April 17, 2012

stayed here for four nights on whilst on holiday with two year old. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good location - easy access to metro and handy cosi across street. Room comfortable and a good sleep. not full marks as a bit hit and miss with housekeeping vouchers.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I had the choice of a cheaper king with city view or pricier queens with river view. I chose the latter and booked with a human being. The confirmation was for a river view but when I went to check in they were all gone and my choice was the pricier queen with a city view. This would not have happened when it was managed as a Kimpton hotel. I have used Kimpton hotels fairly frequently and the changes now are not for the better.
When I wanted to provide on-line feedback to Starbridge they were not accepting feedback at the time.
Despite giving the front desk / valet a heads up call for my car, nothing was communicated to the valet so had to stand in the cold when all of the other guests who had checked out behind me got their cars.
For $400 for the night, I won't be back

Room Tip: Who knows, they don't give you the room you reserve
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank mggmm
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear mggmm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today. We hope to see you back very soon. Please let me know if there's anything further I can help you with.

Allan
Le Meridien Arlington Hotel Management

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We booked two rooms for 8 days here recently. When we came we were told they had changed ownership from the Kimpton Palomar to Le Meridien that week. This meant that all the amenities that we were promised with our Kimpton booking like free wi-fi and free $10 from the mini bar was gone. We had to depend on our smartphones the entire trip to get metro, restaurant, and attractions info. We requested rooms with two beds but the hotel didn't bother to check with the old system before we came. In order to get two beds we ended up with rooms on opposite ends of the hotel. We were told that if we declined housekeeping services, we would receive a $10 voucher for the restaurant/bar. When we didn't receive our voucher, I called the front desk to ask about the voucher and was told that since we booked with a "third party" we weren't eligible for the voucher. This has never happened to me before and I felt like I was not as valued as the rich people who paid full price. I didn't know that booking via a website like orbitz or priceline meant you weren't going to be treated like a normal guest. I had never been declined amenities based on my booking! There was an air of "oh you should feel lucky, we let you stay here".
The next day, we didn't decline housekeeping since we figured we should get our room cleaned if we weren't going to get a voucher. Housekeeping NEVER came that day, I called the front desk and they assured me it was an isolated incident. I told them it was OK and that I could wait until the next day. Housekeeping NEVER came the next day. I had to call them at 8:00pm that day and then had to leave my room for a couple of hours while they cleaned it because I didn't want to be awkwardly sitting in my room. I spent 3 hours at the McDonalds accross the street because everything in DC pretty much closes after 8. Towards the end of my trip, my hotel key card got deactivated so then it was another thing I had to deal with. I understand it's a swanky hotel but really there's no need to make your guests feel like second class citizens if they managed to get hotel rooms at a cheaper rate!! I spent 2K for two rooms and they still managed to make me feel like I wasn't good enough!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tn22
Allan b, Manager at Le Meridien Arlington, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear tn,

Thank you for your feedback. We do value all the guests that stays with us no matter how they book their reservation. Please contact me directly, I want to make things right for you. I look forward hearing from you.

Allan Bella
Hotel Management
202-894-5062

Reviewed April 8, 2012

As an avid lover of Washington, DC I wanted to share my experience with my family and booked two double Queen rooms for my family and I. I called in advance to request adjacent rooms and as advised by hotel staff, I called the morning of our check-in to reiterrate our request, Upon arrival we were given rooms on two different floors - which was unfortunate. However this provided my 14 yr old nephew an opportunity / excuse to navigate the hotel to and from his room and ours at leisure. The beds are extremely comfortable while our views left a lot to be desired. Request floors higher than the 6th for good views. The staff were helpful with requests and particularly with the valet. The Rosslyn Metro station is quite close and offers quick access to DC. In addition, tale out restaurants are in close proximity such as Cosi, Starbucks, McDonalds (for your kids/teens) and Chipolte. While it is challenging to find, it is a nice hotel and worth the cost.

Room Tip: Request higher floors with a view of DC.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Spent one night in this property, a couple of weeks ago, and came away with positive impressions. As a Starwood Platinum, got an upgrade to a nice suite. The lay-out is a bit odd, in that it's too fairly small rooms divided by a closet/hallway are. But still, overall a nice room/upgrade.

While the immediate area is kind of dead (though safe), it's a 10-minute walk over a bridge to Georgetown and right near a Metro stop.

Good, friendly service throughout, including at the front desk. Room service was prompt and pleasantly jovial. The squash (I think??) soup and the salmon dish I ordered were not particularly tasty, but ok.

One glitch with the tv was that it worked only intermittently, with frequent messages about no satellite signal available, in both the evening and the morning I was there. I emailed the hotel about it afterward, and received a prompt response with a promise of 2,000 Starwood points to be deposited in my account. This seemed reasonable.

Bottom line: I'd go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business