“Great location, great price, extras make up for lack.”

Clarion Collection Hotel Arlington Court Suites
Ranked #37 of 52 Hotels in Arlington
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I chose this hotel form several meetings we had in DC. It really fit the bill for the many variations of needs we had. I found the service great from the front desk, and sales office. Housekeeping was our only issue. You will love the extra space the rooms at this hotel provides and the option to bring in food to your rooms. The one bedroom king suites have full kitchens, a huge plus in my book. I would personally go back and would plan for business travel again.

Room Tip: Go with a 1 bedroom king suite, great space and kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharon M

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the Arlington Court Suites as a matter of business. This location was chosen for me. I found the room to be spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. Daily breakfast was acceptable but with the absence of any fresh fruit. It was especially nice to have the suite style room since I was to at the hotel for several days of meetings. The reason for my rating as only average has to do with staff. My biggest staff complaint is with the hotel van driver. On my first night at the hotel, I wanted to go to the local grocery in order to pick up some meals for the room. I checked the schedule posted at the desk and presented myself in the lobby at the appointed time for the driver to take guests to the grocery. After the time had passed and no driver had apprear, I checked with the desk staff to see if the van was still going to run. I was assured that it would and I could hear as the clerk then called someone to notify them that they had a rider waiting. While continueing to wait, additional riders appreared. Still no driver. Another call from the clerk. The driver finally appeared about 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time. We began the trip and the driver dropped off the other riders at their locations. I was then taken to the grocery. As I exited the van, the driver said he would be back at 8 PM to pick me up. Since it was only 6:45, I asked if I was expected to wait on the street until 8 PM. I was told that I was because it was time for him to go on his break. Really?! He was ten minutes late getting to the lobby. Wasn't that his break? I said that the time was not acceptable and that I only had to run in and get a few items. Reluctantly, he agreed to drive around the block and come back and pick me up, which, as it turned out, was more than enough time for me to shop. Not a pleasant experience. The availability of a shuttle at this location is a nice perk since there is really not much within walking distance and that which is within distance is straight up hill. Just be sure to ask when you get off if and when the driver will be coming back or how to get a ride back to the hotel. About half of the staff that I encountered were friendly and knowledgable while others seemed a bit "in the dark." I was at the desk at one point and another guest was asking about eateries that delivered to the hotel. The clerk was clueless, claimed not to know. I had to let the other guest know that in the binder provided in the room by the hotel there was an entire section in the back listing establishements that delivered meals to that hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paula G
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed in at the Arlington Court Suites en-route to Myrtle Beach in March 2014. Wonderful hotel, very clean, very spacious, loved the kitchen! The furniture and beds were very comfortable! The location was a bit hard to find as there was construction but I'm sure the next time we visit it will be an easy find.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel is in a great location. It is 2-3 blocks from the metro station and 15 minutes from the national mall. Our room was clean and comfortable. Staff was outstanding from the women who checked us in, the serving staff for breakfast & dinner, and the shuttle drivers who helped with our luggage. I recommend anyone visiting the DC area to think about staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The room on check in was not in tip top condition as housekeeping clearly let many things slide.
The carpeting had not been properly vacumed,
Kitchen area floor was tacky, insufficient number of towels, no garbage can, refrigerator made noise all day and night.

The property lists its name as Arlington Court Suites not Clarion Collection, which made the hotel impossible to find, an aggravating experience. It is also located at the bottom of a very steep hill, which we found most difficult to walk up without getting quite winded. We are
not unfit people yet found the climb difficult.
The hotel shuttle only runs until 5pm. We had no access over our 2 day stay as the driver was out sick.
The room size was fine.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed here twice while visiting family in the area. The rooms are huge and recently renovated, Very pleasant all around. It is in a great location near the city, near a metro stop, and close to many decent restaurant choices. The breakfast was decent, certainly a step up from the usual chain hotel fare, though not particularly inspiring. The staff we met were a not the most polished, the person who checked us in did most of it while talking on her cell phone. We did not notice noise as a problem. We will definitely stay here again and have recommended it to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The hotel is located very close to DC National (Regan) airport. But, as of this writing there is a little road construction on highway 50 which runs in front of the property which might make your navigation a little off but this is obviously not the hotel's problem/fault.

We purchased our room online from the Clarion site and saved a substantial amount because we prepaid. We arrived as scheduled and were checked in promptly and provided with the internet access code, times and locations for the complimentary breakfast and dinner (week nights only). The lobby was bright and clean with a business center off to the side and a small pantry for snacks and some sundries.

Our room was on the 3rd floor -- and odd numbered room. When we arrived it was clean and orderly but somewhat dark. The lighting is not the best but once the drapes are opened adequate light is provided. The bathroom is larger than most and consisted of a single sink, toilet and standard tub/shower combo. Our room was configured with 2 double beds. It included a dining table with chairs and 2 "sitting" chairs with a large ottoman. The room also includes a standard size fridge, a small microwave, a two burner stove, a toaster, a coffee maker, dishes, pots, pans and utensils. These units would be excellent for a longer stay.

The rooms seemed well insulated and quiet (thick walls) but our room had a door to an adjoining room which, when they occupant of that room had their morning alarm go off we could hear crystal clear. So, if you want to sleep in you might ask for a room with no one on either side of you or at least no one on the adjoining side. Also note that the sun rises on the front side of the building, so -- if you want the sun's help in waking up then book an even numbered room.

The breakfast was average and can easily be improved to become above average. The improvements would be using more/higher temp sterno to warm the serving trays and only filling them based on the current number of occupants in the hotel. They were overfilled and under-heated which resulted in only warm food. Each day there was coffee, juices, water, milk, cereal, oatmeal, bread, bagels, roasted potatos and scambled eggs. Beyond that the menu seems to roate between pacakes/french toast and bacon/sausage. Which is funny because their website boasts -- which a picture even -- that the buffet includes bacon. At any rate the food was average. We didn't partake of the dinner because we were only there 1 week night and ate with family at their house.

There are many restaurants within walking distance (weather permitting) and several more within a short drive. There is also a Whole Foods and a Trader Joe's within a couple of miles if you wish to stock the fridge.

Note - parking is $15/day, which when we compared other hotels, was a very competitive rate.

The front desk staff was attentive and responsive to the few requests we made. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and we left feeling that we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a better view (should be able to see Washington Monument and the top of the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family