“Sea food A Classic BUSY Sea food house”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 23rd Street
Transit: Crystal City (Yellow Line) Metro station.
Description: For all those who love seafood in Crystal City, the world really can be your oyster. Choose from among the 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish we serve simply prepared, 365 days a year. In season, our patio seating is a lure for those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having been here before i wanted to see how they are faring, overall same service levels, actually had quanities on a Sunday evening when they seem to run out being unable to stock for the weekend (always amazing in this busy environment), establishment smells better, food was excellent, hot and served rapidly. if yo crave seafood this is a reasonable choice for quicky turn around. it gets crowded so OT in advance will ensure you arent waiting in a tiny crowded entry way or outside in the cold.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I'd heard of Legal Seafood for ages now, just had never been anywhere near one. So when I found myself in Crystal City last night and noticed LS just a few blocks away, my friend and I eagerly made the trek. In the biting wind and 20f chill, we were especially grateful for the heat and wonderful aromas as we were seated in our booth. Thank goodness for coatracks, too!
The crab cake was 100% delicious lumpiness and the grilled shrimp and scallops were a perfect accompaniment. My friend got the double stuffed shrimp. They looked divine but weren't his favorite. But lovely Zinfandel and impeccable service came together to complete our nice evening out. Even if it was bone-chilling once we walked back outside again.
This Legal Seafood is very near to many of the area's main hotels, as previously noted, and to the Crystal City metro, which for me, is always critical!

1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I heard very good things about this restaurant and couldn't wait to try it. Clam chowder soup was a big disappointment. Lump crab dip, had no lumps, it was very thin and watery. My meal on the other hand was very tasty and the presentation was excellent. I give the highest praise to the steamed vegetables, especially the spinach, I had a shrimp pasta dish that was good and I tried the stuffed shrimp dish, which I would NOT recommend. The fish and chips were tasty, difficult to mess that up though. I give this a standard rating of a restaurant which is a franchise and nothing spectacular.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

So one of my besties from the DMV area told me to check this place out. It was delicious! You will notice I only gave the food a 4 so I will explain. To get a five from me, everything that hits my pallet must look and taste divine. With that said, the crabcake was wonderful. Very lumpy and delicious. You're in VA so you've got to get it! My hubby ordered the stuffed shrimp. It was okay but they fell a little short on uniqueness there. Red Lobster can do what they pulled off with that dish. I had the fried seafood platter but got the shrimp and scallops Cajun and blackened. Delish! I got the scrod fried...yummy!! My drink was great too. The boston cream pie was elegantly displayed but oh my goodness it was lacking flavor!! If its to be beautifully presented...its to be delicious! That's why LS only gets a 4 in food (dessert and stuffed shrimp). Service was amazing! We will visit again.

1  Thank DivaLadyJ_28
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Convient to all the major hotels, but you do have to cross Lee Highway if you're on the south side. Very upscale, noisey, but great service and food. Spendy but worth it.