“Lots of good, fresh seafood options”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 893 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: South 23rd Street
Transit: Crystal City (Yellow Line) Metro station.
Description: For all those who love seafood in Crystal City, the world really can be your oyster. Choose from among the 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish we serve simply prepared, 365 days a year. In season, our patio seating is a lure for those who choose the fresh seafood and fresh air combo.
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Legal Sea Foods proved to be a really good choice for a special dinner out in Crystal City. I have to say that the Anjou Pear cocktail was a spectacular way to start the evening. Service in both the bar and the dining room was excellent. We started with the shrimp wontons, which were wonderful. I had the wood-grilled assortment, and the seafood was fresh and tasty, although the tuna was a bit overcooked for my taste. My companion thoroughly enjoyed her crab cakes. The noise level in the dining room is a little high, but not too distracting. All in all, I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I had the mussels in wine & garic sauce followed by the cioppino (which had shrimp, lobster, mussels, fish & a large scallop. The mussels are 1 1/2 lb for $11. They were larger than I get at Whole Foods but cooked just right. The cioppino was wonderful with lots of seafood $23. In both cases the dishes were just a little bit saltier than I'd prefer, but I use very little salt in my own cooking so I'm sure they are right where most people would want them. Only disappointment was the cost of oysters on the half shell $14/6. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much, but it might be the going rate in the DC area.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my first time visiting Legal Seafood after hearing my friends rave about it for years. I am truly satisfied. I had the encrusted salmon with lemon butter, mushroom risotto, and garlic spinach. Wow! I cleared my plate! The food was full of flavor! I plan to come back soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have Celiac disease and have issues finding safe restaurants for me to eat at while I'm traveling. Legal Sea Foods had a pretty extensive gluten free menu, including breaded and fried items that were *safe* for me, something that I cannot generally find. I had fried calamari for the first time in over a year! They also have gluten free rolls that were complementary and the wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive to my needs. I ate on the patio and enjoyed a nice quiet dinner.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

If it was just a bit less expensive, I'd be satisfied. Overall, the salmon was decent, and my SO liked the swordfish. But $180 for four adults and a child was $30 too much. Like I said, just a little too spendy.

Service was good, however, so we're not totally unhappy. Most likely we'll go back at some point, but not soon.