“4 Star Food; 2 Star Service”

Aroma Indian Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 874 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to Aroma, an award-winning restaurant bringing the taste of authentic, home-cooked northern Indian food to the Washington Metropolitan area since 1994. Our story began as we opened our first restaurant in Washington DC. We were pleased to see just how mainstream Indian restaurants have become. Our location is prime in Arlington as we are in the heart of the city. Thanks to the love and support of our clients, we now also have locations in Washington DC and Lorton, VA. Our clientele consists of people from all backgrounds who have something in common…they all enjoy having good quality Indian food as well as excellent service. These two things combined create a memorable experience for our clients. AROMA is a Latin word that has a wonderful wealth of meaning; a distinctive pervasive and usually pleasant or savory smell; It represents taste, flavor, affection, pleasure, delight, happiness, charm, sentiment, beauty and essence. At Aroma, you will find all this and more! Aroma is where to go when you want to dine like kings and queens. This cozy, Arlington area restaurant serves authentic Northern Indian cuisine in a refreshing, elegant setting. A private space is available upstairs to cater to your event needs. Being in the heart of Arlington, Aroma attracts many customers from surrounding areas as well as plenty of foot traffic because of its location. While inside, the light, floral colors, it is complete with regal decor imported from India.. The menu is as rich as its surroundings, with flavorful curries, tandoori kababs, and a tempting array of fresh tandoor-baked breads….don’t miss having a meal at Aroma. Our food is inspired by the authentic home cooking of beautiful, spice-rich North India, where all our chefs are trained. Food is our passion, prepared for you always with devotion, love, and with only the finest ingredients. Visit us and discover the ultimate Indian dining experience. If you enjoy authentic food made with fresh ingredients and spices….then treat your taste buds to new delights at Aroma. Along with the food being impeccable, we also pride ourselves on our service. We strongly believe that If the service is perfect, the customer leaves feeling like the meal is a special occasion. We treat each of our guest with the utmost attention and courtesy.
Washington, DC
“4 Star Food; 2 Star Service”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I've often found that service on slow nights is often much worse than on crowded nights. That was the case for us, where the wait staff made several gaffes. Probably an off night so I've given the full four stars for the food. We ate a lot of it, and each dish was good or better. Each dish tasted different, which is not always the case in Indian restaurants. The setting is on the high side, and you can take your boss here. I recommend the biryani and especially the jelferazi. Butter chicken was quite good. Lamb curry wasn't terrible, but it came in last. As for the price, you can eat here for $$ or $$$ as you please.

• Visited December 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The chicken tikka masala”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have rarely tried anything else on the menu because the chicken tikka is so unbelievably good that I have daydreams about it. I've gone to Aroma by myself to enjoy this dish and I would do it again. I enjoy many types of Indian food but that dish really stands out to me.

I also order it with the garlic naan. Aroma is too expensive for the amount of food you get but I won't/cannot possibly stop going because I am addicted.

Only way they could improve is to start bottling the sauce and selling it

• Visited November 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Indian Food Ever”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I order malai kofta, naan, and lemon pickles. I ordered the through the website FoodlerFirst the malai kofta was too salty. Second, the naan was thick, chewy and tasteless. The lemon pickles were oily and disgusting. My wife and I ask for a refund but were refused. So, we paid for a meal that ended up in the garbage.

• Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Aroma has a very nice setting with good solid Indian food, nicely executed and spiced just right! The service is very attentive. I had a very nice meal here and will return.

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great authentic Indian cuisine”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Enjoyed a great first dining experience at Aroma in Shirlington. It was a nice evening so we dined outside, but we were inside for a moment to check in and the restaurant is beautiful. Quite elegant and classy while still being inviting. Dinner was lovely, I enjoyed chicken tikka masala and it did not disappoint. The naan was fresh and warm, also had a chicpea side dish that was delicious. Portions were generous, enough for leftovers to enjoy. Service was perfect, a great time all around. Would definitely return.

• Visited September 2013