“A "find" - really good food, great alt to chain restaurants”
Review of Kabob Palace

Kabob Palace
Ranked #48 of 893 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is a "find" It's a 4-5 blocks from the Crystal City metro, within 2-3 blocks of MANY Crystal City area hotels. I asked the Holiday Inn, where I was staying, to recommend a good alternative to chain restaurants. They wisely recommended this place.

Food is extremely tasty. One can get 1 kabob and salad for about $8. I had two kabobs, flat bread, chickpees, rice & salad for $16.99.

This is not a fancy place. Nice pictures of Pakistan on the walls. Al Jazera (sp) playing which makes for an interesting thing to watch during a meal, if you feel like it.

Many local people come here. Very good service. They also have a buffet which looks great, served from 10AM - 5 PM. No deserts. Rated by Zagat.

This is the kind of place many of us seek - a local family owned, really well done restaurant. Strongly recommended if you like this kind of food.

1  Thank Seniordad

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great food at very reasonable prices. Not the greatest location but the food makes up for everything.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Kabob Palace is kind of a hole in the wall in an unlikely location, BUT the food is very good and reasonably priced. If you like kabobs, I would recommend giving Kabob Palace a try.

2  Thank hankwill
Reviewed April 1, 2013

First - let's understand that the food here is not cheap. $14 for 2 kabob's is pricey! The service is terrible, you can't ask any questions, you have to wait for a very long time to get your food and once we got the food it was either undercooked, over seasoned or tough as rubber! I would not recommend this place at all. Considering it is in a hotel district you'd think they would at least be cordial...nope! When I asked a question, the man at the register just asked me what I wanted, I said I had a couple questions, he looked at me and then yelled "next please". Once we ordered it took 45 minutes to get our food - the whole time many of their "friends" came in, ordered and were handed food almost immediately! It was chaos behind the counter for everyone who wasn't a close family friend.

I plan to be in DC a lot this summer but this is not a place I will even consider returning to!!!!

1  Thank mpls001
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I lived a few blocks away for years, and got the boneless chicken kabobs a couple of times a months. Love the spicy flavors and the bread.