“A "find" - really good food, great alt to chain restaurants”
Review of Kabob Palace

Kabob Palace
Ranked #44 of 883 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A "find" - really good food, great alt to chain restaurants”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is a "find" It's a 4-5 blocks from the Crystal City metro, within 2-3 blocks of MANY Crystal City area hotels. I asked the Holiday Inn, where I was staying, to recommend a good alternative to chain restaurants. They wisely recommended this place.

Food is extremely tasty. One can get 1 kabob and salad for about $8. I had two kabobs, flat bread, chickpees, rice & salad for $16.99.

This is not a fancy place. Nice pictures of Pakistan on the walls. Al Jazera (sp) playing which makes for an interesting thing to watch during a meal, if you feel like it.

Many local people come here. Very good service. They also have a buffet which looks great, served from 10AM - 5 PM. No deserts. Rated by Zagat.

This is the kind of place many of us seek - a local family owned, really well done restaurant. Strongly recommended if you like this kind of food.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Seniordad

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
“Great Food”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great food at very reasonable prices. Not the greatest location but the food makes up for everything.

• Visited April 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Kabob Palace is kind of a hole in the wall in an unlikely location, BUT the food is very good and reasonably priced. If you like kabobs, I would recommend giving Kabob Palace a try.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank hankwill
USA
“NOt worth it!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

First - let's understand that the food here is not cheap. $14 for 2 kabob's is pricey! The service is terrible, you can't ask any questions, you have to wait for a very long time to get your food and once we got the food it was either undercooked, over seasoned or tough as rubber! I would not recommend this place at all. Considering it is in a hotel district you'd think they would at least be cordial...nope! When I asked a question, the man at the register just asked me what I wanted, I said I had a couple questions, he looked at me and then yelled "next please". Once we ordered it took 45 minutes to get our food - the whole time many of their "friends" came in, ordered and were handed food almost immediately! It was chaos behind the counter for everyone who wasn't a close family friend.

I plan to be in DC a lot this summer but this is not a place I will even consider returning to!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mpls001
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Best cheap food in town!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I lived a few blocks away for years, and got the boneless chicken kabobs a couple of times a months. Love the spicy flavors and the bread.