“Experts with the spice rack” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kabob Palace
Ranked #27 of 850 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Ontario, Canada
“Experts with the spice rack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

A busy, hole-in-the-wall type of place with interesting signs and stickers on the wall to read while you’re waiting for your food order. They have a lot of tables crammed in but not enough for the popularity of the place. So after taking orders, sent the family back to the hotel and ordered it to go. Got the chicken curry special, lamb kabob, chicken kabob – no bone (how is it possible to do a kabob *with* a bone?) and the spiced ground beef kabob that I forget the name of. All the meals came with rice, a coriander sauce and a choice of side. Randomly ordered two chick peas, one lentil and one spinach as sides. It was slow for fast food but quick compared to a sit-down meal and with the kids playing in the hotel room instead of waiting impatiently with me, it wasn’t a big deal.

Flavours were amazing. The cooks know their way around an exotic spice rack! All the sides could have been considered a fabulous main course in a vegetarian restaurant. However, disappointed with my lamb that seemed more gristle than meat – and I’m a carnivore that doesn’t mind a bit of fat with my meat. Other meats didn’t have the same issue.

Please note that although the meal worked for our family your mileage may vary. We feed our kids a lot of exotic food at home but this was reaching the limits of their food comfort zone. The sides and the ground beef kabob all had some heat to them. However, as a bonus, with the large portions and sides and kids who only ate half their meals, we had enough leftovers to feed the adults another dinner the next day.

• Arabic first
Grenada City, Saint George, Grenada
“Its not the same anymore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been a resident of Northern Virginia for over 15 years, and I've eaten at this place long before then too. It was at one point the indisputable champion of kabob eateries, but unfortunately now its just not the same anymore. I understand they have two restaurants, one catering to the fast food arena vs the other of a more sit down venue. However that said, some of the items, i.e. Haleem and etc are not sold at the family restaurant thus influencing my families decision to come to the 24 hour venue. The place is a health code violation in the works, it is overcrowded and overcapacity. I would love to see the reaction of the Fire Marshall as they would also agree it is over capacity. Furthermore, the people that come here are very much not family oriented, they are obnoxiously loud and dont have the decency to pick up their chairs to ensure it doesnt screech across the floor. I am pretty sure put these folks in a different restaurant, that this would never happen. Now onto the food? The food is a hit or miss, if hes busy, it turns out to be overcooked on the outside, and just too soft and uncooked on the inside. Ive complained a few times, and the answer I get is, "well no one else has complained", they havent complained, but you did ensure to loose your customers in the process. I usually get the palace combo for 18 bucks, but the lamb in it isnt just overcooked, but often times smells foul, the tandoori chicken is alright and the kubeedah is decent at best. People go to eat out for the atmosphere, if your looking for a loud, obnoxious place with people who are just down right rude, with overcooked pieces of meat, then by all means go here. Its a sad occurance that this was the one place that I come back to eat from graduate school to fufill my childhood memories.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Authentic kabobs at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I checked out TripAdvisor to plan my evening dining plan and stumbled upon the Kabob Palace within walking distance from my hotel. You order and pick up from the counter. I tried the Palace Combo that includes one kubideh and one boneless chicken kabob. For sides, I got the chick peas and spinach. I also tried the mango lassi drink. Authentic is how I would describe the food there. Spicy, but no so much that you couldn't taste the food. I loved the kabobs and so did my colleagues. The prices were very reasonable. I would definately trying this if you are in the area.

• Visited February 2013
midwest
“There are two Kabob Palaces!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

There are two Kabob Palaces, almost right next to each other. One is called Kabob Palace Family Restaurant. The other one does not have the “Family Restaurant” in its name. The Family Restaraunt has waiter/waitress service. The other Kabob Palace is cafeteria style.

Visited February 2013
Rome, Italy
“AWESOME food in an easy atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I used to take my first dates here as it's got GREAT food and it's a bit of a hole in the wall. If the date didn't like it, it turns into two dates: my first and my last!!!

The food is not only terrific, it's VERY reasonable. Others have recommended the boneless chicken kabob and you I have to agree. You can't do any better. The spinach is superb as well. I've NEVER eaten anything that wasn't very tasty.

I only eat out about twice a month and 90 percent of the time, it's a Kabob Palace.

In addition to everything else great about the place, it's open 24 hours a day!!! If you're looking for great food late, screw fast food, go to Kabob Palace in Crystal City.