“Delicious Lucnh” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 834 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Halal, Pakistani, Afghani
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Sykesville, Maryland
“Delicious Lucnh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had the pleasure a few weeks ago of dining at the Kabob Palace in Arlington for lunch. A colleague took me there for lunch after a morning meeting. He highly recommended it, and I whole heartedly agree. I rarely get to go to Arlington, so I happily went along, after having been to Afghanistan, I love the food from the entire region. The food was delicious, and very plentiful. I had chicken and several sides. Everything was perfectly spicy and delicious. You order your main disk (meat) and then they serve you several generous helpings of side dishes. I also had naan that was freshly grilled, warm, and served perfectly. The only really missing was tea (although, I’m sure I could have had it had I asked!) This is not the restaurant for ambiance. It was perfect for lunch, quickly in and out, and you can tell frequented by many returning customers. The flow to the counter to order and get your meal (which, as we dined in, was served on a plastic tray), was a bit confusing, and I’m glad I had someone there to show me what to do. It was a great value, and I wish we had one closer to me, because I would be eating there much more often.

• Visited January 2013

Centreville, Virginia
“Nothing Compares to the Palace!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The best...a MUST whenever I can! You will not regret a thing...the lamb kabob is amazing. Any type of meat you choose is cooked perfectly. And even for vegans, the sides they make are perfect over rice with some bread! I'm headed back very soon!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank David21st
Jackson, Mississippi
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place! Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is my must eat place when in Crystal City! This is the best seasoned meat. It must marinated for years!

denver
“Ethnic and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Service was a little slow but food was great and ethnic experience was fun. We are from Denver so not much exposure to Afghanistani cuisine. Service staff were very polite and helpful.

Denver58
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Don't go through the back entrance! It was a bit "groaty"& I initially questioned whether or not I wanted to eat there or not. However, the food was very good and the service was friendly & efficient.