“Sticky table but nice sushi”

Asahi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #273 of 874 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are open back under new management since November 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
“Sticky table but nice sushi”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

When we sat down, I was tempted to leave right away since the table was clearly sticky. But we were pressed for time during our lunch break and my colleague with whom I had lunched did not say anything so I did not either.

We both had the Sushi lunch special for $12.95 or thereabouts. It was very good. One roll, type CA roll but not exactly, plus 8 (IIRC) nigiri sushi. All fresh and tasty. So, overall I was happy that I staid.

Service, ambiance etc all good.

Visited June 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“They over cooked the shrimp tempura”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I decided to try this place as an alternate to sushi rock. I was in the mood for ramen, but they only had iron, miso, and the hot pot. :( Anyway, I got the tempura icon and both my shrimp tempuras were overcooked, chewy, and inedible. I was going to mention it to the waitress, but felt it wasn't worth it overall. I will continue my business st sushi rock, which is approximately 3 blocks away from this place and the same distance from my apartment.

• Visited November 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Decent sushi, convenient to the hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

For those staying in the Residence Inn Arlington, this is a very convenient spot for a reasonably good sushi experience. The fish was fresh and tasty, with good presentation by the chef. Service was a bit sub-par, but if the trade-off is good sushi I'll almost gladly suffer through warm glasses of water unlikely to see a refill. Prices are what one would expect for good sushi.

The kids loved the salmon ("it is so buttery") and the sushi boats.

• Visited June 2013
“Favorite Arlington restaurant”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is my favorite Arlington restaurant. I've been coming here for four years now and it's a great spot. They have a great menu and the service is wonderful - everyone is polite and happy, and they're quick in bringing out the food. I recommend this place to anyone looking for sushi or Japanese food in the Arlington area!

• Visited May 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Favorite local sushi spot”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We're lucky enough to live less than a 5-minute walk away from some of the best sushi I've had in the area! Asahi has a warm, comfortable, quaint feel to it, and they have a great variety of traditional and specialty rolls. Salmon teriyaki and beef yakisoba were also great. Friendly, professional service from the wait staff and sushi chefs.

• Visited July 2012