“Great Thai!”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Go Here for Thai food! We don't live that close to Bangkok 54, but we find ourselves doing the drive about once/month. The flavors are great. Drunken Noodles are excellent; not sure how they get that smokey flavor, but it is outstanding. They've got a wonderful happy hour, too. But everything is so reasonable, you hardly need to get there early. Curries are fabulous too.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is fantastic Thai food in an upscale yet approachable setting in Arlington, VA, near the Pentagon. Dined with two in-laws very familiar with Thai cuisine and we had a fantastic meal. The spicy som tum (papaya salad) was exceptionally good, as was the Duck 54 and the pad see Ieu (wide rice noodles with slightly sweet black bean sauce, egg, chicken, and Chinese broccoli). We also enjoyed their specialty cocktails (e.g., the key-lime martini).

The ambiance is elegant and the service staff were efficient, attentive, courteous and welcoming. We can't wait to go back.

1  Thank DogmaBites69
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was travelling with 2 friends after finishing work at a summer camp in New York. We decided to come one lunch time before getting the subway into D.C. I thought the restaurant interior was lovely and the service was outstanding. Our drinks were refilled for free and without the need to ask. I realise this is more common in the US, as in Britain we don't have the free re-fill policy but it still seemed a lovely gesture. I shared a starter of chicken satay with a friend which was nice but it was the main course that impressed me the most. It was very fantastic and surprisingly so. I have a lot of Thai food at home and after eating some very poor quality meals during our trip we were enthusing over this one meal for the rest of our stay!! It was one of my friend's first Thai meal ever, and she was also very happy with it. I had a Pad Thai for my main course (my dish of choice back in the UK too) and it was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant to both locals and tourists. It was one of the most authentic Thai meals I have had to date. After living off generally bad food since June we were elated with our choice of this restaurant as our 'splurge' for the trip (although at home this wouldn't be a splurge at all and it was actually very good value). Although the food in California was considerably better than the than the food in the East Coast as a whole, this was still one of, if not, my favourite meal I had in the US (New York, D.C, L.A, Arizona and Vegas). I would highly recommend.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love to visit this restaurant from time to time and every visit is consistent for food and service. A great restaurant to break up the pace!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great thai food! Decent prices. My go to. The exterior looks run down but the interior is very nice and spacious. Definitely recommend.