“Left my purse, honest people work there.”
Review of Bangkok 54

Bangkok 54
Ranked #53 of 887 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The food was good, but I left my purse behind. When I returned more than an hour later, they were ll so nice and had it in the office. Non

There are newer reviews for Bangkok 54

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We had their happy hour drinks for $6 each, and $4 starters which they offered from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. The Moo Krob (deep fried pork belly) was flavorful and crispy; Larb gai rolls was good although we were surprised that the kitchen could not give us the sauce that would usually come with larb gai. I thought it will be easy for the kitchen to have this since it is a simple blend of lime juice and fish sauce. Tod mun was okay but had better ones from other restaurants. Panang chicken was tasty but the Deep Fried Squid with Basil was a disappointment. It was described in the menu as crispy but it was not. The squid was at least tender and not chewy but not crispy at all, even the basil which was supposed to be crispy was limp. We'll have to go to Thai Square for this dish then which Th Sq has perfected.

Restaurant had ample parking space at the back, and seemed to be popular for carry out or delivery as we saw lots of to-go orders by the cashier on our way out to the parking area. It is also next door to their grocery which offered a wide selection of Asian food items.

1  Thank cja
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We turned to TripAdvisor when we were staying in Arlington - looking for a reasonably-priced restaurant for take-out (other than pizza). We found this one and were not disappointed. The pad thai and simple fried rice were delicious. Service was fast. Everything tasted fresh & homemade. Loved it!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Several Thai restaurants in the Columbia Pike area of Arlington, but I only had time for one. Although this one has great reviews, I picked it because it has Massamun curry (beef) on the menu, and I'm hooked on this dish. It did not disappoint. It's says slow cooked, and it tastes that way! Think pot roast beef and potatoes, but in a peanut and onion curry base. Beef was super tender. Best Massamun (or mussamun) curry I've had in years.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not an expert in Thai food; however, I have eaten in many Thai restaurants in the DC Metropolitan Area, and in my modest opinion I must say that: "This is the best one so far!". The first time I took my kids to Bangkok 54 some time ago; my older at that time (16) grimaced at me; my middle son (12) looked at me with an expression of "Are you serious?"; and my daughter (7), told me: "Dad, I hope you know what are you doing". For them, this was a dictatorial, radical, revolutionary, and rebellious departure from McDonald's! After we ate at Bangkok 54, we all have returned time and time again.

However, we were there just this past week. The place is elegantly decorated with small figures and minute statues of Buddha, who by the appearance of his belly, must eat there a lot! My kids love the square chopsticks, and always ask for extra ones to take home. We love almost all food, but we are inclined to Spring Rolls, Satay Chicken, Tom Ka Soup, and Pad Thai; mostly. I love hot food so I always have a heavy fix of their fiery hot sauce on my food. I have such a compulsory dependency and rioter addiction to the sweet and sour dipping sauce for the Spring Rolls, that I had to sign up for Spring Rolls Anonymous! We also order for delivery. Often. The prices are pretty equitable, the patrons seems always cool, and the service very friendly and polite. Bangkok 54 gives you a Bang for your bucks!