“Great find!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 755 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We turned to TripAdvisor when we were staying in Arlington - looking for a reasonably-priced restaurant for take-out (other than pizza). We found this one and were not disappointed. The pad thai and simple fried rice were delicious. Service was fast. Everything tasted fresh & homemade. Loved it!

• Visited June 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Great beef Massamun curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Several Thai restaurants in the Columbia Pike area of Arlington, but I only had time for one. Although this one has great reviews, I picked it because it has Massamun curry (beef) on the menu, and I'm hooked on this dish. It did not disappoint. It's says slow cooked, and it tastes that way! Think pot roast beef and potatoes, but in a peanut and onion curry base. Beef was super tender. Best Massamun (or mussamun) curry I've had in years.

• Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“A bang for your bucks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I am not an expert in Thai food; however, I have eaten in many Thai restaurants in the DC Metropolitan Area, and in my modest opinion I must say that: "This is the best one so far!". The first time I took my kids to Bangkok 54 some time ago; my older at that time (16) grimaced at me; my middle son (12) looked at me with an expression of "Are you serious?"; and my daughter (7), told me: "Dad, I hope you know what are you doing". For them, this was a dictatorial, radical, revolutionary, and rebellious departure from McDonald's! After we ate at Bangkok 54, we all have returned time and time again.

However, we were there just this past week. The place is elegantly decorated with small figures and minute statues of Buddha, who by the appearance of his belly, must eat there a lot! My kids love the square chopsticks, and always ask for extra ones to take home. We love almost all food, but we are inclined to Spring Rolls, Satay Chicken, Tom Ka Soup, and Pad Thai; mostly. I love hot food so I always have a heavy fix of their fiery hot sauce on my food. I have such a compulsory dependency and rioter addiction to the sweet and sour dipping sauce for the Spring Rolls, that I had to sign up for Spring Rolls Anonymous! We also order for delivery. Often. The prices are pretty equitable, the patrons seems always cool, and the service very friendly and polite. Bangkok 54 gives you a Bang for your bucks!

• Visited March 2013
“Good Thaims”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wife and I go frequently for tasty Thai food at reasonable prices. Extra parking in the back.

Try the butternut squash, shrimp, and panang curry dish or the seafood Drunken Noodles and you will be happy.

• Visited November 2012
Niagara Falls, New York
“Spicy and flavorful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went to Bangkok 54 for a dinner full of flavor and spice. The dishes were full of fresh ingredients and vegetables served with a beautiful presentation. The atmosphere was nice, elegant, yet also casual and comfortable. The staff were great. The prices were reasonable. This place is a winner.

• Visited February 2013