“Absolutely delicious!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

fantastic happy hour filed by an even more delicious dinner. The portions are generous, the prices are reasonable, and the service outstanding. We started with Shrimp Firecrackers, dumplings, and fried tofu with drinks. It was plenty to share with the table. For dinner, pad thai, spicy eggplant, ginger chicken, and a seafood special, were all delicious. Note that their spicy is a normal person's super spicy so be specific on how spicy. The table next to us had dessert ---- wow! I wish I had had room.

We have ordered carry out from here ten times and it is excellent too!

Centralia, Potomia
“Reminds me of the better restaurants in Bangkok, Thailand”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Very authentic Thai food, toned down in spice if the diner wishes. Full range of traditional dishes, the soups and stews, in particular, very good, as is the pad Thai. Pleasant, helpful, and attentive wait staff, all (or almost all) Thais who seem to emjoy their work and go the "extra mile" to assist diners. Very attractive decor and relaxed atmosphere. I go back frequently and have never been disapppointed in any meal there.

• Visited July 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
“This is my go-to for takeout”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I've never actually eaten in, but I get takeout from them all the tiepme. There are four Thai restaurants in a two block are, and this is by far the best.

Great flavors, reasonable portions, quick turnaround. The only complaint i've had is that it sometimes is not as spicy as I like. I now ask to have it made to a certain heat level.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank EY22314
Leawood, Kansas
“very good food and service”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Enjoyed my visit to Bankok 54. Prices were moderate for the area. Great service. I would go back for sure.

Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What A Gem!”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

After just moving in across the street, my wife and I were looking for a quick Thai fix... and lucked out with Bangkok 54. The dining room is very trendy and stylish. It almost seems out of placed being housed in the strip-mall-esque building on Columbia Pike. We began our meal with the green papaya salad. I have had many versions of this dish, but this was among the best. It was a perfect balance of flavor with just enough kick to wake up our taste buds fo the rest of the meal. For the main course we shared the green curry with beef and the classic pad thai. I have to say the curry was above average, but the pad thai was special. This is such a common dish and having something as familiar as pad thai taken to the next level was a treat. The portion sizes were very generous, and we ended up having seconds later that evening. The only drawback I can think of is that they do not offer free refills on fountain drinks. I found that to be a bit on the ridiculous side after spending over $50 for two people, but if that is what we have to endure to experience quality food then so be it.

1 Thank Arlington2323