“Good food terrible staff (managers and waiters)”
Review of Cafe Pizzaiolo

Cafe Pizzaiolo
Ranked #134 of 883 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Virginia
“Good food terrible staff (managers and waiters)”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I will start by saying I haven't had any issues when I went to the fern location, this review is strictly with my frustration at the Shirlington location. I have now been there several times because my husband, myself and daughter enjoy the food and menu selection. The down side and the reason I can just no longer go back is the incompetency of the staff. Each time I go they just don't have a clue about what's going on. My recent server was completely lacking any knowledge of what was on the menu as well as the manager on duty that day. The general manager needs to set a higher expectations for their employees or the owner needs to start over from scratch because I've just never seen such a crap show for employees in my life. After my last draw I spoke to several other families who live in my neighborhood and they expressed the same frustration which lead me to write this in hopes that they do something about it or I'm just not sure how long that location will stay in business.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Kara P

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Cute little pizza place. Used to go here often when I lived in the area. Have never had a bad meal here and the staff are all super friendly!

Visited July 2013
“Delicious”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Our last night in Arlington and we decided to head out for pizza. The pizza and wings were GREAT! I really hate we hadn't tried this place sooner.

Great staff, great food and a wonderful atmosphere.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family and I were visiting the d. C. Area and staying at embassy suites. We decided to order from here based on reviews and proximity to our hotel. What a mistake! Not only did Our rder take an hr and a half but our pizza was freezing cold and looked like separated slices thrown in a box! It looked like the pizza had been made days earlier and it was barely edible! The wings were warm but oily and gross. We asked for them to be well done and they were not. Don't waste your money eating here. Honestly, you're better off getting Pizza Hut or dominos. They didn't even give us plates or napkins. We had to eat our food on hotel napkins. What a disgrace!

1 Thank Disappointedtravels2
Germantown, Maryland
“Good overall experience, great ny pizza and good value.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice place if in the mood for ny style pizza at good price. Nothing fancy, small place, good value. We liked it so did family.