“This is a treasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Village Bistro - CLOSED

Village Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“This is a treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

In an unprepossessing shopping center sits this gem of a restaurant. My colleagues and i enjoyed king salmon, escargots, liver and skirt steak, each well prepared and delicious. We did not have a reservation, but were treated by the owner as if we were frequent diners, not just visitors from out of town. The small plates are a treat. And, the prices are excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars

Northeast Ohio
“Great fettuccini”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had some awesome fettuccini with mushrooms. Husband had grilled fish trio salad. Dressing was very good. Service was good.

1 Thank wvbuckeye
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Everything made from scratch and you can tell it. Excellent food!!! Good service, good wine, nice atmosphere!

Toms Rier
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I were visiting the DC area to bury my mother in law at Arlington Cemetery in July 2013. We were looking for a restaurant to have lunch afterwards with the family. About twenty us. All the restaurants in the area closed at 2 and did not reopen until 5. We were looking for 3:00 lunch. We contacted several restaurants about staying open later for us. They all said no except for the Village Bistro. My husband and I had dinner there a few days before to see how it was. Well.. Let me tell you it was fabulous! The ambiance was wonderful and the food was incredible. A great menu with many choices. Needless to say we booked it. I can't even express how wonder and accommodating they were! The owner of the restaurant was there the whole time and was so kind and thoughtful and treated us like family. Everyone loved their meals and the desserts too! Loved that it was in a strip mall and we could park our car there for free and did not have to look for parking. Plus they have out door dining as well.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tifftalk
“With a slight uptick in service, this would be an all 5 restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

First, the food is fantastic and I would absolutely go back. My veal chop was magnificent and my daughter's lobster ravioli was terrific. The atmosphere was lovely. But there were little mistakes in service. No steak knife with a veal chop. No tea refills when glasses were empty. A request for another glass of Pinot ignored. The owner came to the table and was remarkably gracious. He needs his staff to be as attentive as he is to the food, the ambience, and his customers. If so, this would get Ricky Bob's highest rating. Most important, the food was terrific!

• 3 of 5 stars