“Wonderful dining experience!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I were visiting the DC area to bury my mother in law at Arlington Cemetery in July 2013. We were looking for a restaurant to have lunch afterwards with the family. About twenty us. All the restaurants in the area closed at 2 and did not reopen until 5. We were looking for 3:00 lunch. We contacted several restaurants about staying open later for us. They all said no except for the Village Bistro. My husband and I had dinner there a few days before to see how it was. Well.. Let me tell you it was fabulous! The ambiance was wonderful and the food was incredible. A great menu with many choices. Needless to say we booked it. I can't even express how wonder and accommodating they were! The owner of the restaurant was there the whole time and was so kind and thoughtful and treated us like family. Everyone loved their meals and the desserts too! Loved that it was in a strip mall and we could park our car there for free and did not have to look for parking. Plus they have out door dining as well.

2  Thank Tifftalk

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

First, the food is fantastic and I would absolutely go back. My veal chop was magnificent and my daughter's lobster ravioli was terrific. The atmosphere was lovely. But there were little mistakes in service. No steak knife with a veal chop. No tea refills when glasses were empty. A request for another glass of Pinot ignored. The owner came to the table and was remarkably gracious. He needs his staff to be as attentive as he is to the food, the ambience, and his customers. If so, this would get Ricky Bob's highest rating. Most important, the food was terrific!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been going to Village Bistro for nearly 20 years, through previous owners and the "new" one, who was actually the original owner. First I must say that I disagree with those who say that in the past the restaurant was just "OK." In fact, under the previous management the food was excellent, the seasonings tasty, the presentation simple but unless you are impressed with little towers of food it was perfect. Its ability to sustain its quality and keep prices low over such a long stretch has been extraordinary. The fish menu, in particular, was and is extensive and creative - as a non-fish person this was where I ate most of my fish. The other day I had the best softshells there that I've ever had and that's saying something. The merguez (spicy lamb sausages) is outstanding. The "new" owner has put his heart and soul into refurbishing the place and even further upgrading the menu and preparation (as well as the prices, but they are still very reasonable for what you get). Village Bistro's location is unimpressive and probably its greatest drawback - it's in a tiny 1950's (1940's?) strip mall with inadequate parking that looks like it should have been redeveloped 20 years ago. But the quality of the food is outstanding; you can't get a better meal at a more reasonable price even at some of Northern Virginia's fanciest and shamefully overpriced establishments.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I went to the Village Bistro to give it another try. I had been there several years ago and it was ok but nothing special. Well, I have to tell you that Frank the new owner and his partner Chef Giovanni have definitely brought new life to the place. I ordered the Chincoteague oysters for an appetizer and they were great. My entrée selection was the marinated Skirt Steak. The best I've ever had. Yes, I said THE BEST. The Pinot Noir was also very good, but I forgot the name. Next trip to DC, I'm returning to the Village Bistro.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Something changed about this place since the last reviews. Though the staff were attentive, the atmosphere was tense. This is labeled and looks like a European bistro but came across as a Latin restaurant because of the Extremely loudly Latin music being played until the owner walked in. I ordered a veal parmesan. It was served with a BROWN sauce over it. It was weird tasting. Not worth my money.

2  Thank mmsmithtravels