“Great stop during 'Cherry Blossom' weekend”
Review of Village Bistro - CLOSED

Village Bistro
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Four of us were driving from New York to Washington DC for 'Cherry Blossom' weekend. Village Bistro was our first stop for dinner once we arrived to the destination. We loved the menu selection, the ambiance and the service. I picked this restaurant partially because of their 'small plate' menu, and we were nor disappointed. The late night dinner was just perfect. We liked the restaurant so much, so we returned with additional couple on Sunday night for dinner just before heading back to New York.

1  Thank tamara r
There are newer reviews for Village Bistro

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We come to the Northern Va area every other month to see our grandkids. We couldn't book our normal hotel near Tyson's so ended up in Arlington. Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor and Open table.What a gem! Yes, it is a hot place and busy.It is also small. The owner greeted us, and considering it was a Friday night, and they had 3 large tables, we had no delay from the kitchen. The food was wonderful and unusual combinations. They fly in fresh fish (like 25 varieties) from Hawaii. The veal was excellent. One of the few places that do sautéed calamari that was yummy. One of the best Caesar salads...dressing was mouth watering. I would leave the kids at home as it is small and would be annoying to others.

1  Thank Nadine R
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We discovered the Village Bistro by accident about 5 years ago, when our daughter started attending Georgetown University. We make it a point to eat there every time we visit, so I'd say we've been there 9 or 10 times now. They never fail to disappoint.

We ate there most recently last night. The place was packed, so we were glad we had reservations. The owner always recognizes us when we visit, which is remarkable because it can be months between visits. We were seated promptly, and ordered. Everyone in our group loved the food. The service can be a little spotty when they get overwhelmed but no major problems. They get everything right the first time. The ladies all had seafood, I had veal parm, which was excellent as usual. The rack of lamb is also excellent when they have it.

This is a consistently good restaurant with excellent food.. I just wish they were closer or would open a branch in NY.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I live in the neighborhood, within walking distance, so perhaps I am a bit bias. However, I have been eating here for 15 years or more and it never disappoints. It's a casually elegant, somewhat hidden gem. Fish is the star here. The menu is full of it and it is what I almost always order. But the steak is worth a try, prepared French style. And the pastas are delicious as well. The "Small Dish" menu offers smaller portions that are just right. The staff is very accomadating and will go to great lengths to customize dishes. Best of all you can sit and chat with your dinner companions for hours and no one will care.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Nice little restaurant in a strip mall in the heart of Arlington. They have parking which is half the battle!

Eclectic dishes but very cool. Nice atmosphere. Food was well prepared and plated. Service was good when they can but getting them to come to the table was a challenge. I was considering semaphores or smoke signals as my mother at one point and my father at another are waiving their arms over their heads in a desperate attempt to get the attention of any person on the wait staff!

BTW - watch out for the coffee which is served in individual teapots that are almost sure to make a mess. Clever idea but not so good in execution.

Bottom line - Great food but almost comical how the waiters and waitresses managed to see customers needing their attention. Didn't I see that in a Restaurant Makeover program?

2  Thank GoneDivingVA