New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Village Bistro - CLOSED

Village Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
W. Virginia
“Down to Earth but Elegant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A gem, located in a strip mall, but in a desirable location. Some restaurants go over the top with pretense, but at Village Bistro you can have a very good straight forward meal without the flamboyance that some restaraunteurs seem to think customers prefer. The bread - homemade - was delightful, good crust, moist and chewy inside. The soups - carrot/ginger and butternut squash - were excellent. Wines by the glass were very good as were the main courses, chicken and fish. Several desserts on offer were all tempting, and the one we shared was very good, as was the coffee. We're going back!

• Visited January 2013

“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this place. Our food was excellent. The best fried calamari I ever had... seriously!!! My pasta was exceptional, my mom's chicken was prepared perfectly. We were so full that we could not try any deserts... my only regret!

• Visited December 2012
DC area
“Good cheer and good food on Christmas Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Decided not to cook this year and searched for a homey restaurant that would be open on Christmas. Didn't want a hotel. Not too many choices, but remembered good meals at this little place over the years and decided to try it. The place was cozily decorated for the holidays and about half full on Christmas afternoon. The service was very friendly and attentive and the menu offered everything one could wish, including a couple vegetarian options. My companion enjoyed his prime rib and I my omelet and salad, although the omelet could have used more herbal seasoning. Good, chewy homemade bread. As others have posted, it's probably best not to eat here if you are in a rush. We waited about 30 minutes for our meal, but we didn't mind because we wanted to relax and enjoy the ambiance and each other's company.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
CT
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very good restaurant. Great ambience too. Went looking for a casual meal and saw things like chicken parm on the online menu. When we got there, they handed us special menus. We had to ask if they had chicken parm and they brought out their normal menus. Glad they did since the normal menu had a very delicious salad with chicken. The chicken parm was good too. Service was good and the atmosphere was neat.

• Visited October 2012
Miami, Florida
“Simply adorable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a hidden gem only locals would know. I am fortunate my friend took me there while I was training in DC. The atmosphere could not be more inviting, pleasant and relaxed. The food was very good and my only regret was I did not stay long enough in DC to try other things. I ordered a Bloody Caesar (which is not the same as Bloody Mary), and to my delight, they actually did have clamatos!! I liked the fact they have small plates which is perfect for me. The prices were a bargain considering what you get. I've been to many very good restaurants, but never to a place like this. It truly lift your spirits. This is the 1st time in my life eating in restaurant that we ended engaging a conversation with the table next to us. By all accounts I had a wonderful time.

• Visited August 2012