“Tasty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Bistro - CLOSED

Village Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
CT
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very good restaurant. Great ambience too. Went looking for a casual meal and saw things like chicken parm on the online menu. When we got there, they handed us special menus. We had to ask if they had chicken parm and they brought out their normal menus. Glad they did since the normal menu had a very delicious salad with chicken. The chicken parm was good too. Service was good and the atmosphere was neat.

• Visited October 2012

Miami, Florida
“Simply adorable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a hidden gem only locals would know. I am fortunate my friend took me there while I was training in DC. The atmosphere could not be more inviting, pleasant and relaxed. The food was very good and my only regret was I did not stay long enough in DC to try other things. I ordered a Bloody Caesar (which is not the same as Bloody Mary), and to my delight, they actually did have clamatos!! I liked the fact they have small plates which is perfect for me. The prices were a bargain considering what you get. I've been to many very good restaurants, but never to a place like this. It truly lift your spirits. This is the 1st time in my life eating in restaurant that we ended engaging a conversation with the table next to us. By all accounts I had a wonderful time.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Patricia M
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Meal & Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stopped here on a whim for a Friday night meal and I'm very glad we did! The food, service, and atmosphere were excellent. I love that they have a menu of "small plates;" the perfectly sized portions are abundant but not overwhelming. Scallops were delicious, and the price is beyond reasonable for this area. Will definitely return to this restaurant!

• Visited August 2012
“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

The food was very good but the service was extremely slow and disorganized even though the restaurant was not full and there was plenty of staff. One of our party ordered a cup of coffee and we watched it sit on the counter for 5 minutes without anyone noticing.
I don't know if we'll come back. The food is meticulously sourced and prepared competently and with love... but it just does not make up for the sloppy service.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alexson
Arlington, Virginia
“Both the food and service have deterioated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have come here many times over the years because the food and service have been great. This time was different. The food was only average and the service was nonexistent. It was hard to get our server's attention and every time we requested something they said yes but never followed through. We may be trying someplace else in the future.

Visited July 2012