“Tasty, Spicy, Good.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Geneva, Switzerland
“Tasty, Spicy, Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Best Thai I have had on the East coast, almost as good as the Thai food back in California. The chicken with basil and chili was delicious, My only "beef" is that like most Thai resaurants they used only white meat. The Tom kha Kai and Tom yum Kai soups were great and flavorful. I was a little shocked by the total bill of $75 for 3 people, which was for 3 soups, 3 entrees, a Thai iced tea, a Thai iced coffee, and 2 glasses of wine. In spite of that, I would go back because they get the flavors right.

• Visited July 2011

Reston, Virginia
“I don't want to write a good review, but I have too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

To say I love this place is really an understatement - that said - I am torn about writing this because the ONLY drawback is that depending on when you go - you can have a wait of up to an hour and a half. It is small - virtually NO decorations - it is ALL about the food. I'd want to say about as authentic as it gets, but in many ways - better. When in Thailand - we didn't go to a restaurant with this good food/attention to detail on flavors. (not talking about street food - that is a whole other story/great experience) Anyway - hope you DON'T go b/c I want more space for myself and shorter lines, but even if you do - I'll wait for a table!

• Visited January 2011
Virginia Beach, VA
“True to the Recommendations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I chose to try Thai Square since I heard that this place caters to the Thai embassy’s events and Thai Royal families enjoyed their food when they visited the U.S.

This restaurant ended my quest for authentic Thai dishes in the United States. Well, not spicy enough to be truly authentic, but it is not the most important thing. To make it truly authentic, I just need to ask them to make the dishes that are supposed to be spicy such as Yam Woon Sen and Tom Yam Koong to be “Thai” spicy. We also ordered non spicy dishes such as pepper steak stir fly and pork noodle soup. The broth and the texture of the broad rice noodle was what I had been craving for.

They seem to have a large number of fans. Lots of obviously-none-Thai apparently-repeaters frequently came in to pick up their takeout orders.

Too bad that I live 200 miles away from the restaurant, but I am sure that whenever I come to DC, I would be eating here. I might need to travel to DC more often; already I feel craving.

• Visited April 2011
Crisfield, Maryland
“Best Thai I've found in D.C. area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

From the Satay (well marinated chicken seemingly grilled over wood or charcoal fire) to the Pad Thai rich in flavor with noodles that had been cooked to tender (not overcooked to mushy) garnished with plenty of fresh cilantro and basil, Thai Square made a great first impression. I've eaten in a lot of different Thai restaurants in the DC area but this one is definitely the best Thai food I've ever been served. I know I'll be there again as often as I c
P.S. The place is small (maybe 15 two person tables) and the parking is hard to find but it's worth the effort. I'd suggest going early for dinner (or for lunch) to minimize these potential problems.

• Visited February 2011
Deerfield Beach
“Great Thai food. very reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

Great fresh food. Small place had to wait little while for a table. Very reasonable prices, good value.