“Great Thai food we can walk to”

Thai Noy Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Thai Noy is our neighborhood Thai restaurant (lucky us) and is a favorite for special occasions as well. The Lover's Scampi is a favorite -- shrimp with broccoli, carrots, and green beans in a peanut-coconut sauce. Their crispy and summer rolls are also delicious, and their chicken satay is a personal favorite. Fried rice is light and fragrant but full of flavor. Staff is helpful and friendly, and we have eaten in and taken food home.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

There are many good Thai restaurants in northern Virginia. This is among the best. Located in a simple neighborhood strip mall, Thai Noy offers delicious cuisine in a beautiful setting at very reasonable prices. The interior is pleasant and calm. Silk paintings on the wall; wooden tables painted in muted but colorful designs. I started with crispy springrolls, which were good. But next time I think I'll order the fresh spring rolls which looked wonderful (a generous portion of 4). Pad Thai (vegetarian) and garlic eggplant were fragrant, delicious and generous. Enjoyed my leftovers for dinner with a smile on my face! Service was attentive. And our group appreciated the separate checks. Will definitely return for another wonderful meal!

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Thanks to comments on TripAdvisor we had a wonderful dinner there. The pad see ew was the best I've ever had in this area. The Panang curry and the Massaman curry were also very tasty although the meat in the Massaman curry was on the verge of being tough. The portions were so generous that we had enough leftovers for another meal. The service was also very good. We would definitely come back.

1  Thank andiamoemangiamo
Reviewed December 29, 2011

In an unassuming strip center, you walk into Thai Noy and it's like you've walked into a friend's house. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff, including the owner, greet you. There's quite a variety of menu items. My preferences: Crispy Rolls (or Spring Rolls especially during the summer), Mekong Chicken or the Salmon Special. No matter, you'll likely have tomorrow's lunch (or dinner) to take home, the portions are that generous. Thai Noy has a limited beer list and they try new wines regularly, so check out the selection. Just like at a good friend's house, you'll walk out happy to have made the visit.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife is Thai, I was also stationed on the Thai/Laotian border for two years. The cuisine and area is referred to as Isaan, generally the spiciest, and now very popular. We go back every year for weeks or months at a time. My son and his family recently moved to Arlington, and he told me of a great local Thai restaurant, run by a Lao.
The six of us went there last friday-and it was fantastic!
The dishes were very authentic, cooked the traditional way, with no obvious shortcuts.
We had the Gai Yang (chicken) with sticky rice, and som tam (papaya salad), all were delicious, and the portions were exceptional for a Thai restaurant. We also had Rad Nah( stir fried wide noodles with chicken and vegetables in a sauce)-excellent. Sea food cow pad (fried rice) exceptional! not greasey at all, not overcooked. We also had a Yum Moo (wild boar) salad, which was reccomended-it was wonderful.
We live in the Los Angeles area-and this place beats most restaurants in Thai Town!
The decor is very nice, and the service was helpful, although they were busy.