“Not your average Mexican restaurant! Definitely a cut above!”

Taqueria el Poblano
Ranked #121 of 883 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Families with children
Description: Southern California - style Mexican food. Fresh ingredients, fresh-squeezed margaritas voted "BEST" in DC area 2014. Friendly atmosphere and lots of regulars all ages. Popular Sunday bunch -otherwise lunch and dinner.
shepherdstown wv
“Not your average Mexican restaurant! Definitely a cut above!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been stopping in here whenever I am in the area, and still love it! A good Tecate or margarita, crab quesadilla, shrimp or fish tac o are superb. Don't expect a plate of food where the beans, rice, and entree all blend together in a glop under some unidentifiable sauce - each entree appears with an appropriate and tasteful side, the slaw is my favorite! The quality and service has always been friendly, prompt and helpful.

• Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Poor food and overpriced”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have no idea where everyone else who wrote a review for this taqueria went, because our food and experience was poor; maybe the happy hour is another deal. Service was quick and attentive. Ordered chicken quesadillas en the tacos al carbon with the lime-marinated beef. Food was drab and flavorless -- quesadillas had too much cheese and the beef tacos had too much onions. To top it all off, the tab was expensive for the quality of the food; the only redeeming factor was the margarita. Given the number of other options of Tex-Mex/Latin American food in the area, this is an option to give a miss.

• Visited December 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Best Mexican Happy Hour!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Best deal in town mis amigos. Margaritas are excellent. Taquitos; muy buenos! Great services and excellent Happy Hour prices. Just don't forget to tip based on regular prices (I have to remind myself about that).

By the way, the Brunch is good as well, better if you order from the daily specials.

• Visited December 2013
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wife's favorite”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wife loves this place. She'd kill me if I didn't give it 5 stars. I could take it or leave it. Queso is my favorite.

Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Awesome burritos! Third time visiting”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my third visit to Taqueria el Poblano. This place is super tasty! Came here on a Sunday night with a friend to get tasty Mexican food. Taqueria reminds me of places that are in the southwest US where you can get real burritos with smothered chile. I ordered the chile-braised beef burrito prepared "al arriba" with ranchero sauce and guac. Sooo tasty! I almost freaked out when the burrito arrived because it was probably big enough for three people (yes, larger than Chipotle's)! I had 1/3 for dinner and then two leftover portions. Now I will confess that I actually ate a basket of fresh chips just by myself. As soon as we were seated they arrived at our table and mmm they were gone before we knew it. Looking forward to my next visit here! Also easy to find parking down the street in charming Del Ray.

• Visited September 2013