“Wife's favorite”

Ranked #117 of 880 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Southern California - style Mexican food. Fresh ingredients, fresh-squeezed margaritas voted "BEST" in DC area 2014. Friendly atmosphere and lots of regulars all ages. Popular Sunday bunch -otherwise lunch and dinner.
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wife's favorite”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Wife loves this place. She'd kill me if I didn't give it 5 stars. I could take it or leave it. Queso is my favorite.

Visited September 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Awesome burritos! Third time visiting”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is my third visit to Taqueria el Poblano. This place is super tasty! Came here on a Sunday night with a friend to get tasty Mexican food. Taqueria reminds me of places that are in the southwest US where you can get real burritos with smothered chile. I ordered the chile-braised beef burrito prepared "al arriba" with ranchero sauce and guac. Sooo tasty! I almost freaked out when the burrito arrived because it was probably big enough for three people (yes, larger than Chipotle's)! I had 1/3 for dinner and then two leftover portions. Now I will confess that I actually ate a basket of fresh chips just by myself. As soon as we were seated they arrived at our table and mmm they were gone before we knew it. Looking forward to my next visit here! Also easy to find parking down the street in charming Del Ray.

• Visited September 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Very quick and attentive service, delicious food!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Came here on a Friday night around 6:15 and was seated right away. A few minutes later, line started going out the door. We were in a rush to catch a movie and the service was super fast and food came out very quickly, so no problem catching our movie! I had the burrito with shredded pork and green chile - delicious! My girlfriend had the steak tacos and really enjoyed them. On a previous visit I had the duck tacos and they were really tasty! The chips and salsa are also made fresh. Will definitely be returning!

• Visited June 2013
Aledo, TX
“Fantastic Fresh Fish Tacos”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a fabulous little restaurant with very fresh Mexican food and excellent service! We totally enjoyed it!

• Visited April 2013
Alexandria
“Great happy hour”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

$2.25 tacos for happy hour. This place is the best. The beef tacos are delicious, fried and flavorful. Everything tastes fresh. The homemade sour cream is tasty. I've had beef, chicken, pork and duck tacos. Beef and pork are by far my favorites. Chicken and pork are also worth trying. Staff is polite and accommodating.

My complaint is the chips are usually way way way too salty.

• Visited April 2013