WINNER WONDERLAND

Silver Diner Clarendon
Ranked #11 of 850 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Arlington, Virginia
“Lots of Vegetarian Options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have eaten here several times and as a vegetarian, I have to say their food selection is quite good! They have many dishes that are vegetarian and gluten free and the service has always been friendly.

Visited September 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Do NOT go if you have food allergies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Not safe for food allergies but looked like fun for other diners. There was a kids menu, a juke box on our table and lots of kid friendly touches like a cardboard car.

There is a small parking lot but its a nice looking building with a pleasant lobby area.

The employees not only did NOT understand food allergies but became angry when we asked questions.

I tried to order food for my nut allergic child and the waiter kept saying "there's no nuts in the restaurant why do you keep asking." Well I'm looking at a menu listing peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts and so I KNOW that there are nuts in the restaurant.

He became angry the third time I tried to explain that she would get sick if she had nuts in her food and so I gave up and just ordered water and juice for her. Unfortunately, then I saw black specks in her water glass and asked for a new one. He said in a loud sarcastic tone "there's no peanuts in there".

I will never return and would highly recommend no one with food allergies go to this location.

That said I noticed that the restaurant was good with kids and my kids enjoyed visiting it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food wit great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Never seen a pesto burger on a menu so I had to try it it was so good to bad we don't have a place like this back home

• Visited October 2013
WDC
“Favorite Diner Chain in the DMV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Unique, locally sourced foods with an eclectic menu of delicious options. I love the salmon sliders, the goat cheese bruschetta, the bison burgers and of course all of their shakes are great. My nieces and nephews love that there is a page in the jukebox dedicated to kids music. Totally recommended!

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Solid Food at Reasonable Prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

As far as Diner's go, the Silver Diner is one of my favorites. They do their best to use fresh locally grown veggies and meats. I eat there fairly often and can honestly say, that I've never had a bad meal!
Great place for families as they have an extensive menu!

• Visited September 2013