“Best value in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ray's the Steaks

Ray's the Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
Ray's the Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 874 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best value in town”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Better steaks than the chains at about 2/3 the price with sides. The wine list is broad and well priced. You can keep Morton's, Ruth's Chris and the Capital Grille (although I'll admit to liking the Capital Grille). palm still rules when it coems to lobster and a great martini, but give me Ray's when I crave a great steak.

Visited November 2012

• Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not at ALL what I was expecting”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family LOVES Rays to the Third but on his birthday they were only serving burgers so we decided to try Rays the Steaks. As with Rays the Third the ambiance leaves a little to be desired, it's very stark white with black accents. The menu had an interesting variety of steaks but it was hard to read (font too small) and it was disorganized. The service was just okay and when I ordered a diet coke it came to the table in a plastic bottle like I would get at Subway. The waiter didn't even pour it into the glass for me. The food was marginal at best. Our steaks were fatty and gristly, my husband left half on the plate because it was inedible. The mashed potates were not made from real potatoes but rather some box mix. For the price we paid I feel like I could have gotten better service and a better meal at a Longhorn Steakhouse. We will not be returning to this establishment.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank TLOW1010
Washington DC
“Best steakhouse ever!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Food was delicious, much better than Morton's or Ruth's Chris. I'm normally not a steakhouse visitor because I feel that most are overpriced, but I would definitely visit here again.

Newark, Delaware
“Disappointment”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The comment is really good here.so I put this place to must go in our trip @DC. The steak was really big from the picture. We ordered onion soup ,medium-well "FILET MIGNON" and a classic well-down "HANGER STEAK " . Soup was tasty.Filet was really small and the classic was 1.5 strip,not worth the price. Both steak was burned,the filet overcook like well down.

• Visited January 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent, but Why Just Courthouse!??”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Have been going to Ray's since it was the hole-in-the-wall place that is now occupied by Ray's Hellburger - but now that they have opened a third (and really a fourth) Ray's restaurant within a block of each other, one has to ask: why just courthouse??? Wish it was more available and within walking distance of - say Clarendon or Ballston ... should be one on every Orange-line Metro stop in N VA. Ray's is the best steak / hamburger place around - but should make itself more accessible

• Visited August 2012