“Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum...delicioso!”
Review of Metro 29 Diner

Metro 29 Diner
Ranked #44 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I had the french toast, home fries and sausage. The french toast was divine. It was a taste of heaven, if I could only imagine. The potatoes tip toed down my pie hole! The sausage was more of a link that you would see between a bun. I'm was rolled out of the diner. :-)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We really enjoyed this "take you back to the good old days" diner. The menu has great variety and the portion of food is plentiful. You will not leave this diner hungry. The service was amazing. If we are ever back in the area you can beat I would plan to eat here.

1  Thank Laurie C
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As a foreigner, I'd call this a typical 50's diner from the outside appearance.

An extensive menu made choices difficult. All the sandwiches we chose were fine, as were the desserts. I know American portions are larger than at home, but on ordering an apple turnover and receiving something that was a triangle - 12 inch long side and 6 inch the other two, I was completely overfaced.

Having said that, I would certainly visit this place again, and just choose better!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm from New York originally, so I know diners. Metro 29 is a real diner. It has that sort of semi-train car feeling. The portions are very generous and the food is tasty. The roast beef is good and the tuna fish sandwich is really, really good. So are the soups they serve. Interestingly, they have London Broil on the menu and...it's one of the best foods they serve. I don't call this comfort food because I don't eat food to feel comforted. I'm really into delis and diners; and unlike some of the other yuppie crap around that is made to fool Gen-X and Millennials, this is a diner. Now, the service is very good. And they have nice layer cakes for dessert--the chocolate ones are really good. Look if you come to a real diner enjoy yourself--you can get fat for a day because it is pleasurable, not comforting (a true therapist's term for food). Finally, the staff open the doors to patrons--alright! This is what is supposed to be done. You come into someone's house for a meal. Finally, all good diners and delis have toothpicks and mints for you on the way out. They understand that people over the age of 50 need those picks! Great place, very good food and you can make two meals out of it; or a meal and a nosh! Go Metro 29!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have found Metro 29 diner today, and liked it alot. The food was very tasty, and the service was excellent. This Diner, has staff the will open the door for their guests upon entry and exit. You don't find that kind of service everywhere. I can tell you that this is a top notch diner. If your in Arlington, VA. and want a great diner to go and have a very nice meal, this is the spot!