“Hidden-away Gem”

Good for: Families with children
Alameda, California
“Hidden-away Gem”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I was in the area for business and decided to try this sushi restaurant based on other reviews here on TripAdvisor. It's true that it's set back a little ways from the road, so I almost walked right by it! Once I entered, I was greeted warmly by staff dressed in kimono and was promptly seated. The chicken katsu I purchased was merely "good" but the sushi was EXCELLENT. My friend ordered spicy rolls and they didn't used a spicy mayo, but rather the spiciness seemed to be inserted into the sushi, which was really nice! It was spicy! Great experience.

Visited June 2014

Snellville, Georgia
“Very accomodating”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Visited this restaurant on February 24th, with a large group. The waitress was so helpful in explaining the menu and even had another staff menu to come over and explain vegetarian choices. Food was very good and we were even given a delicious dessert, to complete our meal..

Visited February 2014
Aromas, California, United States
“Nice sushi presentation”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a sushi dinner there with family with 2 young children. Very comfortable and the kids loved the boat that was the serving platter for the sushi.

Visited October 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great sushi a la carte”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I order some sushi to go, I order some eel and octopus nigiris.(sushi a la carte)
the presentation was awesome all in its place and sealed. and a very nice decoration.

• Visited September 2013
North Hills
“Good Food, Great Service”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I decided to try and find a Japanese restaurant near my hotel and luckily, I found Kanpai just 4 blocks away. (Note: it is set back off Wilson Blvd., just around the corner from Fort Meyer Dr. so you have to look for it.) After a hearty welcome by the staff, I sat down at the sushi bar and ordered a Sapporo. The Sushi was fresh and tasty, but somewhat on the small side. My spicy Tuna hand roll was also very good but on the slim side. My best pick was the Raman. Lots of chicken, pork, and beef, great noodles with seaweed, green onions and a touch of spice. The service was outstanding.

• Visited July 2013