New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Guajillo
Ranked #79 of 838 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious diner in a crowded place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were nicely welcomed and got a good meal. The burrito is great, so are the sauces. And the price was right. It was crowded so there was a lot of noice surrounding us but not in a annoying way.

Visited June 2013

Arroyo Grande, California
“Yum !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We discovered this restaurant because it wasn't far from our motel. It was the day before Cinco de Mayo so figured we would have to wait, but we were quickly seated and the service was amazing., It was a little spicy for our "tweener" granddaughters but they liked it. We thought the food was amazing.....with wonderful mole and poblano sauces. The salsa was really really good ! Very impressed.

Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Mexican in Virginia/DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This really is the best by far. They have several mole recipes that are outstanding. Had duck mole recently, which is the best I have ever had.... And I lived in Mexico for seven years.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank BaldAndHappy
Arlington, Virginia
“Excellent Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

This isn't your typicL Mexican restaurant. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food had much more subtlty and depth of flavor than the usual enchiladas smothered in cheese that you get at most Mexican places. I had the Pollo Relleno which was chicken stuffed with goat cheese and covered in a lovely green sauce. It came with a salad that included corn and pickled onion slices for added texture and flavor. The black beans that came with the dish had a nice smoky flavor. My husband and son had a seafood dish that was really a stew with scallops, shrip and calamari, rice and veggies. They loved it - ate every bite and thought about licking their plates. Our daughter had fish tacos that she said were excellent and served on handmade corn tortillas. The servers were very friendly, and the service was excellent even on a very busy night.

Visited April 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“Good Mexican, A Little Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My spouse and I have visited this place a couple of times. The menu is more than your average Mexican and I encourage sampling of something new and different; I think this place really excels in the less common Mexican fare. For instance, I was not terribly impressed when I orderd a burrito, but when I ordered one of the less traditional entrees the next time, I was very pleased. The service has typically been very good, even when the place is busy. We'll go back.

• Visited December 2012