“Authentic Mexican cuisine in Arlington, VA” 4 of 5 stars

Guajillo
Ranked #82 of 840 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, South American, Central American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Annandale, Virginia
“Authentic Mexican cuisine in Arlington, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Rumor has it this small Mexican restaurant is a favorite of embassy staff. Great lunch place and do not miss the chicken mole.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Willard1962

Alexandria, Virginia
“Favorite place for Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Found Guajillo two years ago with besty from So. Cal. and quickly became our favorite lunch spot. Margaritas are tops,love the chips and warm salsa, the plantains appetizer is great, and I get the lamb tacos 8 times out of 10. Just about everything else I've had there is terrific, too. Went last night with husband, kids and parents and had the Masitas de Puerco (crispy pork shoulder) and wasn't disappointed. Dad had the steak fajitas and raved, husband had the tostadas - which were huge - and left happy, too. The service last night was very good, and I've noticed a gradual overall improvement in the service over the past few months. Of all the local places that have good Mexican, I prefer Guajillo.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kristine R
Centreville, Va
“No fried stuff covered with cheese here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

For a small venue, this place packs a huge punch. I am not by any means a food critic, but I do appreciate good food and this is the best, hands down, Mexican food I have ever had. Starting with the chips and salsa and margaritas, it's never a disappointment. The staff is a great group of people and there's always fun under the roof.

The menu is heavier on seafood options, but there is also plenty to have from the land as well. i don't think I have ever waited more than 10 minutes for my food, and when ordering appetizers the timing from one course to the next has always been spot on.

Whenever I am in the area this is my go to place. There's a lot to be said about reliable restaurants, esp in this area.

Give Guajillo a try. I doubt you'll be anything less that full or satisfied!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank fish_the_Head
Arlington, Virginia
“Unseasoned food and unprofessional service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were curious about Guajillo since he's from Mexico and there are lots of great reviews. It was a busy Saturday night and we were seated at the table right next to the door. We figured it would be ok but it was the worst spot. They really should not have a table there. The servers who walked by were constantly touching our table. The host stand and server stand are right there. We felt like we were in the way. Normally I suck it up but this was too much. After ordering our food I explained to the hostess that we were very uncomfortable and would like to move when a table opened up. She brushed me off and said people were waiting. It made no sense why, since we were already paying customers, we couldn't get the next table. As a former server I was surprised that there was no effort to help us and there seemed to be no manager around. To top it off, our fajitas were unseasoned and the shrimp was overcooked. We were disappointed. We quickly paid our bill and left. We will not be going back and I will not recommend this place to my friends. I understand that Saturday nights are busy but there is no excuse to brush off a customer's concern.

Baltimore, MD
“Sick for more than a week!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

After eating here I ended up with Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. This was the only restaurant I had eaten at within a week of getting sick, so my doctor pretty much concluded that this is where I got sick. The food just didn't taste right - I probably should have sent it back but didn't think anything of it at the time. Moral of the story...if you don't like it, send it back.

• Visited June 2012