“Wonderful place for lunch with friends”
Review of Cassatt's Cafe & Gallery - CLOSED

Cassatt's Cafe & Gallery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 18, 2016

I have been to this shop many times. The food is good and I really like their coffee as well. I like to meet friends there for a quick meal.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed September 15, 2016

We go to Cassatts' probably 3-4 times a month, for breakfast and lunch, seldom for dinner. Food is always freshly prepared and tasty, especially the New Zealand specials, including flat white coffee. Breakfast omelets are very good, as is the bagel with salmon and cream cheese.

Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

Met a friend here for breakfast this morning. Inside was a bit grim so we chose to sit outside - back side seemed more peaceful than the busy front although it was sunny and very bright and only has a view of the parking lot. Server was friendly but felt like he was hurrying us and not sure why as many tables were open inside and out. Food and coffee was good but not spectacular. We lingered at the table for quite a while catching up (still not crowded so not like anyone was waiting die the table) but he came by several times and finally brought the check without us asking for it. Maybe I've lived in Europe too long but I felt like this was very rude. We should be able to sit there as long as we like as long as no one is waiting for a table.

Reviewed September 14, 2016 via mobile

Funny seeing a kiwi cafe in the USA especially when they aren't kiwis.
However really fun people who do serve great pies and New Zealand lamb dishes.
Have even taught them a few kiwi phrases that they'll no doubt carry on judging by the smile on his face every time he served us.

1  Thank 854DP
Reviewed August 23, 2016

Cassatt's is a place I've enjoyed for brunch, lunch, dinner, desserts, and for just a good coffee/espresso. I've never had a bad experience. I may have rounded up in my rating to reflect my 10+ years of enjoyment, but the place gets additional marks for being unique, having personally, while being near the top of its class/price point. BTW- There are plenty of walkable places that have been one-and-done for me.

Brunch: Fresh, well prepared, and a good variety of breakfast and New Zealand lunch items.

Dinner: nightly specials, and a cool vibe Saturday nights with an entertaining band.

Coffee/dessert: much better flavor than the chain coffee house next door and they have bar seats to enjoy a quick dessert combo.

Experience: besides the band, this place offers 2 outdoor dining options (front and back). The also have friendly servers and the nicest General Manager I've encountered.

Overall I can see where people rate this place anywhere from 3-5 stars. If you visit any place only once, it can be a slight crap shoot. I rounded up because of the overall experience I've had for the many visits over a 10+ year period. Keep in mind that this is the only sit-down restaurant that has survived in the challenging Lee Heights setup (although there is ample parking in the back). The remaining, failed restaurants have been replaced by chain establishnents minus a pizza place that will likely fail like it's predecessors. Cassatt's must be doing something right!

Date of visit: May 2016