“Best Baguette in DC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Buns Bread Co.

Best Buns Bread Co.
Ranked #1 of 25 Bakeries in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bakery
Alexandria, Virginia
“Best Baguette in DC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I lived in Europe for a year and came back on the hunt for the best baguette in DC (and America). Best Buns has arguably the best fresh baked bread in the DC area and possibly the best baguette in America. The EPI's are a pull-apart version of the baguette and is equally as good. The cupcakes are also delicious, not too large or small like some of the other area cupcakeries. I'm here about once a week picking up my bread!

• Visited May 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“Not the Best Buns”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

While the food is pretty good, I find the selection a little limited, especially for the salads. I was also disappointed that their sandwiches are not made to order, but are ready made, which I imagine is ideal for local business workers. All in all, in a pinch I would go there for food to go, but it otherwise would not be my first choice.

Visited April 2013
Washington DC
“They do have the best buns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We don't go to Best Buns Bread as often as we like because it is far from us a little difficult to park. But we do go to Sweet Water Tavern and Artie often. These restaurants and Best Buns are owned by the same company and they serve Best Buns' bread.

We love their poblano pepper and cheese bread. Crusty on the outside and soft inside. Their apple monkey bread is (very) sweet and sticky, but very good if you don't mind sweet bread. All the other bread are really good. Many love their cupcakes. We talked about trying their cupcakes. But every time we go there, we always ended up getting something else we want more.

They also have the best service. All the staff there are very friendly. You can call ahead to reserve baked goods to be picked up later.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank ReviewDC
Alexandria, Virginia
“Average breakfast sandwhich...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Came here on a buy Saturday. Although I do like their bread varieties, the breakfast I ordered was only average.

Sticky bun - simple and yummy
Egg & cheese croissant - very cheesy but very salty

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“Always fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great spot for fresh bread, buns, and coffee. Usually a line in the morning (but well worth the wait) Outdoor seating in spring, summer and fall.

Visited June 2012