“Best breakfast sandwiches!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Bakeries in Arlington
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Bakery
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Everything here is fabulous, from fresh breads to baked goods to the most delicious breakfast sandwiches. I go every time I'm in Arlington.

1  Thank L118

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice stop in Shirlington for a pastry and coffee. The croissants are flaky and crisp. We always enjoy picking up a snack at Best Buns, then walking around Shirlington.

1  Thank TrademarkTraveler
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stop at Best Buns any time I am driving down Interstate 95. They have good coffee drinks and the breads are fantastic. I especially love their black olive bread or anything with rosemary in it. The pastries are great too. My family loves it when I bring home treats from Best Buns!

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Loved the raisin pecan bread and their cupcakes. I chose 3 different ones: chocolate coconut, peanut butter, and vanilla and they were all yummy.

1  Thank rosieml
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I live in the area and eat here nearly every weekend. They serve many different types of pastries, sandwiches and salads. The absolute best item is their chocolate croissants. I bought some for a work colleague who used to live in France (and can thus appreciate a good croissant) and she told me they were the best she had ever had. Other faves are the ham and cheese croissant, the tomato mozzarella sandwich with basil pesto and caramelized onions on French bread, the pasta salad and the oatmeal raisin bran muffin. My father in law lives the walnut croissant. They also offer a delightful scone with bacon and cheese and sugar on top. The food quality and service are great. I take it to go since parking is terrible in the village. Although the bakery is pretty small and does not have much seating area, I believe you can sit in their sister restaurant (the Carlyle) right next door and in the summer there is outdoor seating next door. If you want to try the chocolate croissant you might want to call agead to order them since they run out quickly. Best Buns is truly a carb lovers dream!

2  Thank CleeShee