“To die for chocolate croissants!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Best Buns Bread Co.

Best Buns Bread Co.
Ranked #1 of 25 Bakeries in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bakery
Arlington, Virginia
“To die for chocolate croissants!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I live in the area and eat here nearly every weekend. They serve many different types of pastries, sandwiches and salads. The absolute best item is their chocolate croissants. I bought some for a work colleague who used to live in France (and can thus appreciate a good croissant) and she told me they were the best she had ever had. Other faves are the ham and cheese croissant, the tomato mozzarella sandwich with basil pesto and caramelized onions on French bread, the pasta salad and the oatmeal raisin bran muffin. My father in law lives the walnut croissant. They also offer a delightful scone with bacon and cheese and sugar on top. The food quality and service are great. I take it to go since parking is terrible in the village. Although the bakery is pretty small and does not have much seating area, I believe you can sit in their sister restaurant (the Carlyle) right next door and in the summer there is outdoor seating next door. If you want to try the chocolate croissant you might want to call agead to order them since they run out quickly. Best Buns is truly a carb lovers dream!

2 Thank CleeShee

“Delicious breakfast bakery with friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We had great hot breakfast sandwiches on our way to the Pentagon area. Definitely worth a vIsit thanks to food and service.

• 4 of 5 stars
“Neighborhood gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Loved the food, loved the service and loved the atmosphere. This is the kind of joint that I would make a weekend tradition. Really reasonable prices, fresh and tasty treats and a great location to sit outside (lots of tables to choose from both inside and outside because Carlyle doesn't open until late morning and they share their seating) and bring your family/dog. Try the breakfast sandwiches. Amazing.

Arlington, Virginia
“If on my route in the morning, I stop here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I live one exit North on I395 from Shirlington, and while most days I head North into DC for work, if I have time on a weekend or have a weekday morning errand that takes me South, I make a point to stop. Though the lines are usually out the door, the line moves quickly, and the coffee, pastries, sandwiches, cookies, bread are worth it. The dogs waiting outside put me in a good mood when I enter. Their Starbuck's coffee is satisfying, and I love the ham and cheese croissant and the pecan scones in particular. Great place to pick up sandwiches prior to a long bike ride or for a picnic.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JenLed
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“a feeling of "neighborhood"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I was just another customer, but the ladies behind the counter treated me like a welcome friend...I had only one ginger cookie, which was excellently sweet and just soft enough to carry down the street. Friendly, OK for price, great for taste. I'll be back.

Visited October 2012