“No Wonder There is a Line!”

Best Buns Bread Co.
Ranked #1 of 23 Bakeries in Arlington
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Bakery
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Go for a breakfast sandwich! Sure, the pastries are great, fresh, diverse, and scrumptuous, but you gotta try a breakfast sandwich. Hint: look for the one with turkey sausage, egg, and cheese on toasted bread. It's enough for two. It's cheesey, it's toasty, it's eggy, it's what you want to try. Did I bother to say to try a breakfast sandwich? Outdoor seating is limited, but is what you want to enjoy your feast and people watch.

2  Thank Glen L

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Perfect spot for a sweet treat after dining. After hitting any one of the restaurants in Shirlington, we hit this spot for their cookies and/or cupcakes. Highly underrated.

1  Thank PacificSun13
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Incredible tasty treats and some are not so bad for you! And best iced tea in the Village! The staff and awesome, always say hi the moment you step through the door. No trip tot he Village is complete without a stop by the Best Buns.

1  Thank Perseverance
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I first learned of Best Buns in highschool because I used to frequent Mike's American Grill in Springfield, VA. Mike's and Best Buns are both part of the Great American Restaurant chain. All of the restaurants' bread baskets come from Best Buns and I would eat as many ozzy rolls as I could without entirely ruining my appetite.

Best Buns sells ozzy rolls (or at least they used to) but you'll have to fry them yourself. Their other breads and pastries are good, but not as good as the little fried dough bites. My family used to get their baked loaves of ciabatta and french bread, and those were quite good. I have tried several of their muffins and pastries and they're all decent. The lemon blueberry muffin is my favorite. I have yet to try a sandwich, but I see people getting them all the time so I guess they must be pretty good.

Another plus - the people who work there are great! They're super friendly and give recommendations if you don't know what you want.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Oh yeah, that says it all! It's a muffin & crossaint style bakery with breakfast sandwishes too! The breakfast sandwidhes are served on their 'icebox' bread. Bacon & egg? Yes!