“Part of a Grain Chain”

Description: Bakery
San Diego, California
“Part of a Grain Chain”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I first learned of Best Buns in highschool because I used to frequent Mike's American Grill in Springfield, VA. Mike's and Best Buns are both part of the Great American Restaurant chain. All of the restaurants' bread baskets come from Best Buns and I would eat as many ozzy rolls as I could without entirely ruining my appetite.

Best Buns sells ozzy rolls (or at least they used to) but you'll have to fry them yourself. Their other breads and pastries are good, but not as good as the little fried dough bites. My family used to get their baked loaves of ciabatta and french bread, and those were quite good. I have tried several of their muffins and pastries and they're all decent. The lemon blueberry muffin is my favorite. I have yet to try a sandwich, but I see people getting them all the time so I guess they must be pretty good.

Another plus - the people who work there are great! They're super friendly and give recommendations if you don't know what you want.

• Visited September 2011

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Bacon Cheddar Scone!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Oh yeah, that says it all! It's a muffin & crossaint style bakery with breakfast sandwishes too! The breakfast sandwidhes are served on their 'icebox' bread. Bacon & egg? Yes!

Visited August 2012
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Wow! Fantastic monkey bread!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Went here on recommendation from others and was not disappointed. We had two types of monkey bread, both were outstanding and at a fair price. We also tried several of their cupcakes and purchased some for gifts - they were fantastic. Highly recommend Best Buns. Only downside is that you might have a problem finding a parking spot in the area.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank jabberwockies
Alexandria, VA
“My everyday place for coffee and a quick sandwich!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I go here at least 3 times a week.
It is always very good!
The people that work here have great attitudes and are always happy to see you!
I have been going here for years, the bread is awesome as well!

So give yourself a treat sometime, you will love this place!

• Visited July 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Great for weekend breakfast out”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Egg sandwiches and pastries are awesome. Seating at Carlyle next door is a huge bonus too. We go here quite often and have never had a bad experience. They have great sandwiches for lunch too!

1 Thank WileyWes