“Has gone downhill”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #210 of 896 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I used to go years ago and loved this place. I recently went back and was disappointed. The steaks were tough, sorry to say.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I will write more about this after I speak to the Corporate Office this week.

The Managment needs a SEVERE overhaul.

DO NOT EVER get curbside service.

Medium Rare Steaks should not be well done. Medium Steaks should not be RARE. Who trains these people?

If you complain they will call the local police to say you have threatened them? No threat...I said I was going to complain to the Corp Office. And cussing at them???? Saying I was so PISSED OFF with the order after spending over 120.00.......and 75% of the order was horrible, of course I would call to complain. When I did I was told to NEVER call back again. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE HUH?

Reviewed April 23, 2008

This was a letter that I submitted via their website. I received a positive response and will rewrite my review pending changes, but for now, here it is:

They say the third time is the charm, but your Arlington restaurant has proven otherwise.

I recently moved just down the street from this location and was very excited that Outback, a place I have given my business for years now at various locations, was within walking distance from my home. I have now dined there three times, and have concluded that there is something fundamentally wrong with everything about the restaurant.

Dining experience #1 I ordered curbside pick-up. Fifteen minutes after ordering, I walked over only to sit waiting in the pick-up room for another ten minutes for someone to enter and give us our food, which was sitting on the counter waiting for us to pay. Upon arriving at home, we found that the food was cold (note: it is no more than a 3-minute walk to my home), and two of the steaks (all three were ordered medium) had no signs of pink inside and were as enjoyable as eating charcoal.

Dining experience #2 was again curbside pick-up and again we had to wait far too long in the pick-up room for someone to arrive. We ordered two burgers, which were good, but incredibly soggy. Many restaurants have limited pickup menus because they can't guarantee the quality of certain items; I'd suggest you all do the same.

Dining experience #3 was actually made in the restaurant since we had given up on your curbside service. After too long a wait for our waitress to arrive, we ordered a couple of beers, an appetizer, and three meals. After coming back with our waters, the waitress tells us that it will be just a second with the beers. After the appetizer is complete and the food is just minutes away, we have to remind her again about our beers. They arrived maybe 20 seconds before our main course. Once again, 2/3 of the meals were poorly done.

My girlfriend's pork chop was actually missing the sauce that it was supposed to come with. After five minutes, we were able to hail down the waitress and get that remedied, but by then her food was cold.

My meal, the grill medley, contained some spinach that was not edible; it was as if it had been soaked in the ocean for several days before cooking... I wanted to spit it out as the saltiness was unbearable, but didn't want to make a scene. The meal also came with a small steak, which I ordered medium, but which arrived more than well-done.

The third meal in this third experience was also a bit cold, but satisfactory.

To summarize, we've had three experiences which have all been far below par and bounds worse than any I've ever had at an Outback. Poor staff, poor kitchen, and I can only assume that stems from poor management.

1  Thank iammikeDOTorg
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 13, 2008

Best steak you can get...for the price.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed October 3, 2006

We ate at this restaurant on two nights in September because it offered a gluten-free menu at a location near our Comfort Hotel. The menu was excellent for both glutten-free and non gluten-free diners. The restaurant service was very good and the food was excellent. Our only quibble was that the bar could have been a bit quicker.

On our last night there was an unfortunate accident when a passing waitress dropped a tub of mayo. It bounced on the floor and covered the jackets of my fellow diner and myself. I really didn't realise it could bounce so much - I was standing and it managed to get in my hair. The proprietor of the restauant James Lenzini was on hand and handled the situation very skilfully, managing to comfort the distraught waitress and us. He offered to have our clothes cleaned and waived the charge for the meal. Since we were leaving USA the following day, the offer to clean our clothes was not practicable. However, he said, contact me and I'll meet the cost. We did so and I'm now looking at a cheque (sorry payment order) for the cleaning cost. What service! With such management the restaurant deserves to go from strength to strength.

1  Thank 99 Jones